Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / .bsp maps with Newton

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to Newton and I haven't utilized the BSP support in DBpro before. Most of my prior experience has been with DBclassic. I'm not actually sure if this is the best forum for this question, but if it isn't let me know what place would be better to post in:

As far as I can tell, Newton can treat objects as static, keeping them from being affected by anything, which is used for maps/terrain. Is it possible to use DBpro's BSP functionality with Newton? Are there any possible issues I may run into?

Also, with BSP's, is it possible to store more data than just fixed components? Is there a way to include doors, elevators, water, etc. and if so how would I address this with Newton?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.
Floophead III
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, after hours of searching around on the forums I've come to the conclusion that .bsp's are stupid and won't be of any use to me. Disregard this topic.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 12:09:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 12:09:30