Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / PlatFormer Platformer Demo (Using Perspective Sprites)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 04:22 Edited at: 26th Mar 2011 22:52
Perspective Platformer Demo (Using Perspective Sprites)

This is the standard platform demo from way back converted to use PB1.71c's perspective sprite rendering. Which is a feature of PB1.7x editions of PlayBasic. Perspective rendering has various rotation modes. In this one (perspective 2D), it will render the sprite scene down the z axis. So the camera can zoom in/out and spin on the Z axis but not on the X/Y axis. There's other rotation modes (i.e. full 3D) but this one is a lot simpler for 2D game scenes (no axis flipping! ) and therefore a lot more plug and play friendly!

Download

Perspective Platfomer Example (Source Code)

Video

This is a little 30second video capture (3.4 meg - DivX5.1) of the perspective platformer demo running in PB1.71. The demo includes 7 backdrop layers, particles, pixel perfect collision, alpha overlays etc All drawn from a top down perspective.

(Video Removed)

http://www.playbasic.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 02:23
woa. thats a cool trick. looks nice and 3d.

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/
RenegadeX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 04:31
This post should be locked. I am here for DBpro and related software and I could careless about PlayBasic.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 10:04 Edited at: 20th Nov 2007 10:04
These are TGC boards, not DBP boards. PlayBasic is a product sold by TGC. You may only have an interest in one product, but there are thousands of other forum users too.

Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 12:12
wildbill
Years of Service
User Offline
RenegadeX. PB is a basic language and a really good one. So even if you don't use it you might learn something. Judging from your join date, you may need all the help you can get.
RenegadeX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 18:51
I am sorry. I was not aware PlayBasic was part of TGC's product offerings. What confused me was the signature referencing www.playbasic.com rather than a TGC link.

Wildbill is correct, I may need some help along the way but I am no stranger to programming but need to get familiar with the DBPro syntax. I have been reading the forums of interest for at least 6 months now but have had little time to get into DBPro to the extent that I want to.

I want to start with a simple 2d platform or side scrolling game experiment. I may soon purchase the 2d plug-in for DBPro or look into the Playbasic product.

My attraction to DBPro is the result of my enjoyment of the Amiga AMOS and Amos Pro product from years back.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 09:18:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 09:18:28