Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / A N00B question... X-D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 16:29
Totally ultra-N00B question, but... What IS Darkphsyics? I searched the site and have found no real explaination. From what I have been able to gather it is the phsyics engine for DBPro, but I don't understand a lot about it.
Where do you get it?
How do you use it?
What can it really do?
I know I'm probably going to get flamed for asking such a dumb question, but I simply don't have enough time to search the entire web for an explaination. So I'm counting on you nice folks to give me one.
Thanx in advance!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 18:23
This should answer everything...

http://darkphysics.thegamecreators.com/

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 18:34
I heard somewhere that the newest versions of DBPro come with darkphsyics included. When did that start? and if I bought DBPro before then, is there any way I can get it without paying the $90.00?
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 00:54
DBP comes with a different physics engine, ODE. It isn't supported and doesn't do a fraction of what Dark Physics does. But, if your physics needs are minimal, ODE can do the job for you. I believe that the problem is creating a rigid body that isn't a box or sphere. I don't find this to be a bad limitation at all, most objects can be represented as boxes to great effect.

Dark Physics does not come with Dark Basic Pro. You have to buy DBP and Dark Physics. It is a plugin.

Did you watch the videos? Game physics really is amazing, I love Dark Physics and will incorporate it into every project I do from now on. The best part is that it's a million dollar SDK that we get to use for free (after purchasing the plugin, of course). Can't beat that.

Come see the WIP!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 10:03
ODE doesn't do joints either. So it's OK for boxes, balls etc, but no good for complex objects.

Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 18:24
Is the ODE physics supported in the Dark GDK?

Can't find any documented commands for it.

Check out The Grand Machines! & Black Mesa: Source <- vote @ www.moddb.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 19:54:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 19:54:52