Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / New but old all at the same time

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2002 23:31
Hilo,

Im back to db! Ive been away for ages because i wanted to take a break from programming, but now im back. (Some might remember me from the old forums as sum1uk or theking and numerous other nicks ive had in the past).

I also missed the launch of dbpro.

What i would like to know is, when did db go all american? for example, i go to the dbpro site and think i might buy dbpro, only to find they sell it in $ and not a £ mentiond on the site! They have also changed the normal db site that way, - why the change? £ was much easier, and i would of bought dbpro by now if it was in £ and was shipped from uk (when i ordered db it was very fast!)

also: i recently bought t3dgm just to see what its like, its not too bad but it is seriously overpriced! I bought the FULL version from a computer store in hull for £8.50. (it wasnt pirated or anything; just at a price it should be at).

anyway this post was pointless but ohwell
...:::ShockForge:::...
www.shockforge.com www.havochost.com www.s8i.com
...:::ShockForge:::...
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2002 02:00
yeah...T3DGM is more of a drag'n'drop games developer, i helped beta test it.

I think if it was developed within C++ as a full engine of its own, perhaps with a little basic scripting it would have been alot better. But it was far to close to DB speed wise - so really lacked major appeal.

Reminded me alot of DIV, which was actually a pretty cool product - builtin Paint Package, but the coding was C - which kinda defeated the point in it espeically with no help file just poorly commented demos.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 21:09:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 21:09:16