Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / FAO SIMONS AAA-retain quality

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 00:57 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 00:58
Hey, i have a question if you dont mind.
Im working on a game were when you shoot the walls, little arrow sprites come out in an explosion. I need the arrows to apear almost neon. I tried making something like the attached, but it was waaaaay to big. However, i cant find a away to make that same image, just smaller, i run out of pixels, and loose the effect of lighter and then darker greys for changing the color within dbp.

so, do you know a way to do this?

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 04:11 Edited at: 21st Dec 2007 04:18
exactly how small do you need? here's roughly 1/2 what you included.

if the size is good, you could try tweaking the contrast and brightness to get closer to your exact preference.

one simple method of getting the gradient/transition that i think you're looking for is to establish the lightest and darkest areas (drawing the centers of the areas) and then "soften" the in-betweens with the softening tool which grabs those colors and interprets/interpolates the middle colors based on the scale/size of the softening "brush".

if you're getting real small, (it's already almost there), i'd deal with it on a pixel by pixel basis and working with softening intensities to get slight gradients that i THINK you're looking for.

not sure which tools you're using, btw. i mainly use Paint Shop Pro, and some adobe/macromedia, too, including photoshop, illustrator, and fireworks for 2d stuff, but not too often.

Virtual Nomad
AMD XP 1800+ (~1.6 Ghz) / 1.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 8700LE 128 MB / Windows XP

Attachments

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 04:25 Edited at: 21st Dec 2007 04:32
here's a "softer" version. closer to your original, i think.

edit: oops. i just found out what the "FAO SIMONS" header is for (i don't frequent the 2d board much). it all makes sense now. heh. sorry for stepping in.

Virtual Nomad
AMD XP 1800+ (~1.6 Ghz) / 1.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 8700LE 128 MB / Windows XP

Attachments

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 22:48
oh, thank you a lot, ill test these out.

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 08:20:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 08:20:02