Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Importing Models into FPS Creator X10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am new at this did not have the first FPSC. I was reading the manual and it said you could use FPS Entity Maker to make entities from .x files.

I was able to import some models that I made but they are to small every time. I was hoping that someone could help me with this. I don't think it is a bug or anything like that but if anyone has been able to import there models correctly let me know how you did it.

If anyone would like to help me with my models I could upload them to my website or just load them here. Just let me know so far I just have a robot with two types of skins.

Kenneth J. Williams
IMAGE 02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 22:49
if you goto the directory where you have impoted the model there will be a file that ends with .fpi edit thisfile with a text editor and look for the word scale, change the number that follows it to make the object bigger or smaller.

IMAGE is EVERYTHING
LostSoul54
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 23:18 Edited at: 10th Dec 2007 23:19
The SCALE= function is not currently working in FPSC X10. Try to re-scale the model in your 3D app.

I haven't had the best luck with scaling so far myself

It's easy not to get lost when you have no idea where you are going
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 23:21 Edited at: 10th Dec 2007 23:23
Yeah the scale does not work in x10 at the moment

Best s4

kjwtechno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 18:53 Edited at: 12th Dec 2007 00:14
I was able to get the model to the right size using Milkshape 3d using the original 3ds of the model then exporting back to x format. Then put it in with FPS Creator Entity Maker.

But something happen to my texture I think I changed it with the tile texture mapper in Milkshape 3d. I will have to go back and edit it again.

Right now it shows up on the map but the thum nail file picture is blank and it does not show the picture of the model in FPS Creator
X10.

Anyway on another note. I have also been working on game levels and I have a video-update up at Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R-GxQkKsEE

This video has no sound I can't seem to get the sound to capture
with the video correctly so I just went back and muted it.
I did this level yesterday and I made 3 more I made .exe files with two levels in each one.

www.789site.com

Kenneth J. Williams
kjwtechno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 19:23 Edited at: 11th Dec 2007 20:41
Thanks for letting me know that scale does not work yet.

I just about tried everything I can think of but my texture is not showing on my model while in the game making the model invisable.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

Kenneth J. Williams
kjwtechno
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the skins showing on the models and in the thumb nail.
But when I test the level or build it the models are still invisable.

Kenneth J. Williams

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:19:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:19:34