Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics Upgrade - 141207

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 15:29
A new version of Dark Physics has been released. Download it from your Order History. There is no installer at this point. All you need to do is copy the DLLs into your plugins-licensed folder and ensure you are using the latest Ageia runtimes.

3 new example projects have been included. They show collision feedback, force fields and ray casting.

The main changes are:

Here are the new force field commands

Thanks to everyone who has helped with testing and those who have given feedback over the past few days.

If you run into any problems then don't worry. We can get them sorted out I'm also sure there's many more things that can be done in time to improve Dark Physics so please keep up with the feedback.
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool! Now, when will a GDK-compatible DP be released, Mike?

I have vague plans for World Domination
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 00:00 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2007 16:12
awesome, when will you release the new help files and update the keywords?

Edit: i compiled my game again to use the update but now the characters arnt moving, im using a dynamic sphere around the player and adding forces to it. Please Help
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
All appears to be working fine
Good to see a few changes in the project

Thank you very much for this early Christmas present

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem
RalphY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2007 20:13
hmmm, no mention of phy make cloth from object in those update notes - why? You had a working version you were showing of back in March in the Dark Physics Upgrade thread, any reason it didn't make this release? (kinda been looking forward to using that one in my project ).

Other than that looks like a good update, the force field commands sound interesting, will have to play around with them.

Just hurry up and release the 'make cloth from object/limb' command though please!

Oh boy! Sleep! That's when I'm a Viking! | Super Nintendo Chalmers!
Master Xilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2007 22:35
also a working example with a skinned ragdoll object would be nice
lukas
Years of Service
User Offline
not to forget:
-softbodies
-deformable objects
-fluids
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 13:48
Not to forget really important thing
-character controller
-autopushing by character
-settable gravity for character controller

I cant belive, that this hasnt been repaired

PS: Real programmers aren't afraid of math!.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 03:39
I think the character controllers should be able to push objects, but you can already create gravity yourself - simply rotate it to face downwards, move it, and rotate it back.

Vote today and play the games!
Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 13:52 Edited at: 19th Dec 2007 13:52
This is really an update to fix a few longstanding issues, I'm quite sure there is additional and exciting stuff in the pipeline but rather than keep everyone waiting even more this has been released.

At least things are back up and running for DP.

As for the character controller, surely you could do a workaround using dynamic rigid bodies with kinematic ones or by applying forces? You could hide the RB cube and just position an animated character model in its place.

Check out The Grand Machines! & Black Mesa: Source <- vote @ www.moddb.com
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
I am having an issue though. I have placed the NxCooking.dll into my plugins-licensed folder however they canot be found by the compiler. Any suggestions?

here is the exact error message

"This application has failed to start because NxCooking.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Is it suggesting i reinstall Dark Physics or Dark basic Professional?

JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 20:22
Have you installed the latest version of PhysX?

Ad Astra Per Asper
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 23:17 Edited at: 19th Dec 2007 23:22
i thought i had from the aegia drivers section.
but if you have a link to it i would appreciate it just in case.

(my older programs that used dark physics are also not functioning when before this attept they were working fine.)

edit
this is where i got it from
http://www.ageia.com/drivers/drivers.html

JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 15:46
That is it. Version 7.11.13

Ad Astra Per Asper
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
wondering if i missed a dark basic upgrade somewhere.

Illuminum
Years of Service
User Offline
I am having the exact same problem with Nxcooking. I have reinstalled the latest versions of dbpro, ageia, and darkphysics several times and it still gives the same error messages as bosskeith stated above.
coolgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 23:00
The NxCooking.dll has to be put in the same directory as the exe. I think, I actually don't have darkphysics. The nxcooking dll is a driver file for physx. There should be a different dll that goes in the plugins-licensed folder.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 10:26
It works OK for me, with NxCooking.dll in the plugins-licensed folder.
coolgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 20:03
Is nxcooking the only dll you have to have?
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
well all is updated and still does not work. I wonder if it is because mine needs an installer because i do not have it at the default location. usualy when i update it says it cannot find dark basic pro installed and i have to browse to it...could this be the problem?

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 08:53
I've just had fun putting Dark Physics back in from scratch and get the following when I put beta .03 in to the plugin-lincese folder .

Failed to load DLL(1arkPhysics.dll)

All works ok with beta .01 and .02 until I use beta .03

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 18:44 Edited at: 14th Jan 2008 19:50
Quote: "The command “phy set rigid body rotation” will now clear angular and linear velocity."

why?
Jammy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 04:02 Edited at: 15th Jan 2008 04:09
Hi anyone got the fixes for the above problems ?

Quote: ""This application has failed to start because NxCooking.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.""

Quote: "Failed to load DLL(1arkPhysics.dll)"

As i get both errors -lucky me- I have up to date DB PRO, Ageia and Darkphysics. All was working fine before the latest update.

Edit - Attached is a Jpg of the Errors.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 11:29 Edited at: 15th Jan 2008 11:30
Quote: "Quote: "The command “phy set rigid body rotation” will now clear angular and linear velocity."

why? "

IMHO, it should. The most obvious reason for using these commands is to get something out of the camera view (e.g a dead character). You don't want it to make it's own way back into view because it was travelling at 100 miles per hour when it died.

If you want something to retain it's velocity, you shouldn't be manually shifting it.

There is an alternative. Kinematic objects calculate the forces that would have been required to get the object to the new position.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 16:44 Edited at: 15th Jan 2008 18:58
if i wanted to get rid of the linear and angular velocity ill do it myself,

phy set rigid body linear velocity ID,0,0,0
phy set rigid body angular velocity ID,0,0,0

now i cant keep my dynamic capsule character controller standing upright. or it won`t move

Edit: Is there a function to stop DP from simulating rotation?
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 22:54
Hehe still, I dont understand, why is character controller so unfinished

PS: Real programmers aren't afraid of math!.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2008 08:46
@kaedroho: I understand that, but technically you were taking advantage of a bug. Take a look at any physics systems (e.g, Newton) and you'll see that manually moving an object causes it to reset any forces on it to zero.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2008 16:37 Edited at: 19th Jan 2008 15:22
The following quote is from the command referance to `phy make rigid body dynamic capsule'

Quote: "This command will simulate the object as a capsule within the physics simulation. As an example imagine a character object on screen.
When creating a rigid body capsule for this object the capsule will fit around this character from its head to its feet."

it looks like dynamic capsule was designed for characters and now you cant use that.

Edit: it works now all i did is i got the old version again

Markswii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2008 04:15
I have been having some difficulty.
Here's a link:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=122141&b=30

From the ashes of the first pc new breed of programmer is born. The TGC programmer can create a game in seconds with his mighty weapons of basic programming. (Is not an artist of any standards).
Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 01:02
Seems it isnt possible to change phy set force field constant after the force field have been built, do i have to rebuild it if i want to change the polularity (or how it is written) of the forcefield or can this be an fix in future update to just call phy set force field constant and just give it new values

You never fail, only make mistakes.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 11:12
if you are having problems with the .dll's, I had the same problems, I fixed it by downloading D3DX9_dll_updates, I cant remember the link, sorry, but punch that in to google and it should find them, its a direct X update, witch is why I was constantly reinstalling dark physics and darkbasic pro, till I figured it out. sod it il attach the file

Attachments

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 11:16
if you are having problems with the .dll's, I had the same problems, I fixed it by downloading D3DX9_dll_updates, I cant remember the link, sorry, but punch that in to google and it should find them, its a direct X update, witch is why I was constantly reinstalling dark physics and darkbasic pro, till I figured it out. sod it il attach the file

Attachments

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 11:18
if you are having problems with the .dll's, I had the same problems, I fixed it by downloading D3DX9_dll_updates, I cant remember the link, sorry, but punch that in to google and it should find them, its a direct X update, witch is why I was constantly reinstalling dark physics and darkbasic pro, till I figured it out. ok it I'll attach the files

Attachments

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 21:06
sorry I posted more than one message

From the dark and in to the light, twisted the body of madness, dark souls to only the one who would be called, Death lord of the dead, king of the forgotten, keep of lost souls.
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 20:23
hello

what does this command do exactly?
phy set force field velocity target ID, x#, y#, z#
and why can't i get it to work?

also an interesting problem has arisen where objects in orbit around a force field seem to gain energy at a steady rate with ever increasing orbit size till they eventually escape. this is noticable with multiple fields as well as just one. in fact using 2 strong gravity 'attractive' sources close together under certain circumstances creates an accelerating engine effect around the axis between the 2 sources at the common force center. a slight rotational nudge is all that usually required to start a group of objects accelerating to incredible speeds around the common force center. Interesting effects.

also how does the force act on objects? per vertex or per axis. Per vertex could be the cause of the problem of acceleration because your technically subjecting the objects to spaghettification, if the objects were soft bodies, they would be wrenched out of shape by the force field pulling the closest vertices much stronger than the furthest away vertices on the same object. it is suggested that this is what would happen if you were to fall into a black hole. the difference in gravity between your head and your feet would tear you apart as you got closer.

I would suggest modifying the force field commands to include a switch that would allow forces to act uniformly across a body by tugging / pushing the axis of the object , as well as still allowing tidal force effect at the vertex level.

all in all though, a job well done mike. i look forward to further enhancements and bug fixes of this magnitude.

cheers, Grant.

Ohd Chinese Ploverb say : Wise Eskimo, not eat yerrow snow.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 16:42
ID is the objects name or address if you like,
x#,y#,z# is its position coordinates, or angle coordinates,
# is so that the code knows what type thing it is.
for example x# would look like this 0.0
but x would look like this 0
dose this make sense to you?
or am I just telling you what you already know.

From the dark and in to the light, twisted the body of madness, dark souls to only the one who would be called, Death lord of the dead, king of the forgotten, keep of lost souls.
NEBROS KIUT
Years of Service
User Offline
Some coincidence do need to find;
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 20:59
ok so the download I attached help some but not others I've found a better one direct X updates for all dp updates sould work on all pc.

the files called D3DX9_dll_update it should help a bit more than the last download I posted.

hope it helps

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from ever poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!....

Attachments

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 22:56
Does it appear automatically, because i cant see it.

I only see this at the dark physics download section:

Jonathan 0114
Years of Service
User Offline
Having Problems....

ok let me start by saying I got hold of a copy of DP to see if I liked it (had newton for a long time now, but there was no back up, and was doing daft things) first of all I did not like DP but after getting into a bit, finding out how things worked I started to like it, so I paid for it, download the updates and................basic things started to not work, how basic...objects falling into each other.

I put the old .dll back in and all started working again.

phy make rigid body dynamic mesh obj
phy load rigid body dynamic mesh obj,file$ is the problem

I was thinking this was my programming, but in the demo "Dynamic Meshes" they do same thing, and even go throw the floor in that one.

I have the up to date drives, Direct X, tried after a restart, computer is a fresh(Vesta is only 2 weeks old on it) is on a laptop so no Ageia PhysX stuff will work but this works/not works so must be something to do with the new dll.

Anyone know what's going on or can help, I would pull my hair out if I had any.

thanks.....
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 13:47
Can someone tell me where to get the upgrade?

Oryn Brasmir
Years of Service
User Offline
its in your order history

[img][/img]
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 19:02
Duh...
Noo

Here is my Dark Physics download list:

I WANT TO TALK TO A MOD

JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 22:34
Update 1.03 Beta is it.

Ad Astra Per Asper
pdq
Years of Service
User Offline
I blew my $50 and went back to using Newton.
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 15:03
I got it work

Your signature has been erased by a mod - please limit it to 600 pixels by 120 pixels
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 03:02
if any one else wonts the dbp updates it can be found at

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=upgrades

hope it helps

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from ever poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!....
PatM
Years of Service
User Offline
I installed 1.04 beta and it did a wonderful job of making all my physics demos and tutorials no longer work.

To make sure, I uninstalled everything Darkbasicpro related and re-installed then went through all the physics demos making sure they functioned. THen installed 1.04 again and (no suprise) physics suddenly can't find its .dlls

I have every DLL the error boxes call for in the correct paths. Fix the physics setup so that its smart enough to check the appropriate places for the .dlls

And no, dragging dlls into the app directory is not a solution, its an amatuer's hack. The last thing anyone needs is 200 copies of the same dlls sitting on their HD because DP doesn't want to check the proper locations.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 20:55:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 20:55:35