Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FPSC X10 Custom Content / Installation - Please Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2007 00:03 Edited at: 25th Dec 2007 00:11
I'm starting to lose the plot a bit with this now.

FPSC X10 installs to the following 2 places:

Program Files \ The Game CreatorFPS \ Creator X10
and
Username \ Documents \ FPSC X10 Files

Using firma segment maker v2.1 and Signs 4.2.7a I've set directory paths for X10 i.e. Program Files - The Game Creators - FPS Creator X10.

When I save a room using either tools I can see the output files when using 'add segment' in FPSC editor directory but they don't show up in Vista explorer so I can't edit them.

If I manually create a new folder in the segments folder of the FPSC X10 program files directory I can see the folder in Vista explorer but not when using 'add segment' in FPSC editor.

Please can someone explain where custom files and media should be placed and also why the firma segment maker and Signs output folders aren't showing up in Vista, only FPSC editor directories?

Many Thanks
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2007 01:40
vista puts the files in a folder called compatability files ,dont know why but it does .go to the folder they should be in and look on the tool bar for it .

hope this helps

merry xmas
henry

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2007 02:51
Thanks Dude

I've sorted it out now. Not sure exactly why it happened but I can access the folders where Firma segment maker outputs to and create new folders as necessary.

I'm still getting used to Vista at the moment so theres a few things annoying me at the moment.

Your right it does seem to do as it pleases and then question everything you try and do! LOL.

Thanks for the help
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
yes vista does take some geting used to
i have beta tested it for a long time.
just remember that the dbo and bin file also go there
if you have to delete them for some reason.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 20:32:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 20:32:54