Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Vista VirtualStore and Signs/MagicFPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 03:59
I see that both Signs and MagicFPS end up writing to the virtual store on Vista instead of the actual physical directory for X10. Is there a way around this?

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
if you mean that magicfps does not write to x10 dir,
then go to magicfps open the pref file and change the
top line to.C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator X10
asuming it is instaled to the default dir.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 20:26
Magicfps is writing to the correct directory. (sort of)
Apparently Vista protects the 'Program Files' directory and routes the program to write to the same directory structure under a directory called VirtualStore. Vista somehow lets FPSC know about the VirtualStore directory, so FPSC does show the segments created with MagicFPS, even though they're located in a separate physical directory.

Now the issue is how to package a game for distribution. The only other alternative I can see right now is to install FPSC to a directory outside of the 'Program Files' directory.

Am I the only person with this issue?

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
You will have to grant MagicFPS administrative permissions in order for it (a program) to write to the "Program Files".

Right click on MagicFPS and go to the compatibility tab, and near the bottom check "Run as Administrator".

Personally MagicFPS and the others should be done correctly to follow the rules of Vista and XP (XP had the same rules but not enforced like in Vista.)

Anyway that should solve your problem. If you will notice FPS Creator runs as an Administrator and that is how almost it is able to save into the program files.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 01:19
Switching to "Run as Administrator" did the trick. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 00:13:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 00:13:56