Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2D Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2008 06:54 Edited at: 10th Jan 2008 07:16
This is my first post in the 2D area here at the game creators.

My question is i have an idea for a 2D game and was wondering if i could get some feed back about what would be a good way to program it in. (not a lot of programing done on my side. some in game maker and what not.) So like an editor or something of that nature. I have tried game maker and can do it in that but some of the stuff i wanted to do is prohibited in the EULA. And it states they will own the game but you can sell it(if i read it right). Not sure where to turn so i came here because i have alwas had luck on this site.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

www.negative-image.biz
Negative Image
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2008 14:03
Yeah sorry! its a 3/4 view shooting game. I haven banged out all the details as of yet but you are basicly saving people from an alien race. It is going to be kind of graphic in content (it maybe consitered adult content but that still needs to be seen, this is one reason i can't use game maker). i'm working on the story and character creation right now so the engine will come later (maybe as much as 2-3 months) but i would like to get a few suggestions just to look over.

I have looked at some of the Torque softeware but i would really like to know what eveyone things about this and others.

Again Thanks in advance,
Jon

www.negative-image.biz
Devman115
Years of Service
User Offline
Your on the The Game Creators forums...Try out DarkBasic Pro or download Dark GDK (Much better if you take the time to learn it). Just learn to code. It is a skill you'll never regret learning.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 10:02:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 10:02:47