Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Ciyanna BasicIDE XP - Public Beta

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2002 22:26
Hi all...
just started a basic version of the Ciyanna IDE - still unsure to what is going on with the professional version.

that all aside, need some people to test this out and lemme know what problems they encounter.
It wouldn't work on one of the FMTau guys machines, and it is kinda annoying as it said about a file needed which i haven't even heard of.

word of warning, this is probably 2000/XP only - so if you get an "MFC42D.DLL not found" or something similar this is a the reason...
Also don't expect much as right now all it is, happens to be an MDI version of notepad really - hehee
Alot of things have "todo" or "really need something here", just ignore the comments

http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15
Anata aru kowagaru no watashi! http://members.lycos.co.uk/TimeSaga/smile/wack.gif[/img]
Dark FLAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello i have just D/L your program and i did not have any problems with it it

The program run fine and is looking good 2

cant wait to see the finl when its done oh by the way i am using XP home if that helps well good luck

Ps. did you use Visual Basic?

I will code your ass!!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 04:32
Nope thats full C++
Gotta go home now, so hopefully get some work done in about an hour - start work on the DLL language support.
Actually feels good to release something, no matter how basic

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
CD On CD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 04:48
using WIN2K PRO it ALL worked fine here.
no crashes & i opened many, many windows & tiled them.

works fine

United We (Still) Stand
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 15:59
been hearing many good things from people about it working over msn... kinda wonder why it didn't work on Mofux's machine :\
also wonder what a afx.nl file is!
well right now i've just been woken up by martyn, so i think i'll grab a bite of breakfast and get on with some more hopefully has something that resembles DarkEdit in usabilty in a few hours.

I'd like to know if it does run on Win9x machines, as last time i fixxed the fact of my programs needing that by using a Shared DLL... just wasnt sure this time.

was thinkin quite hard about howto actually setup the languages last time, i mean having an INI file like DarkEdit would be oki - but can't really support all the operators or do error checking that way
As I'd like the Pre-Compile of lagnuages to check over basic syntax just to come back with something like
"Error line 203 IF...ENDIF not closed!"
be displayed in the debug build window at the bottom

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 20:41
oki well there hasn't been much the last few hours, been mostly talkin' to Martyn about the site which is starting to look pretty cool ... and KD about the physics engine which will backbone Zoid: AncientDark.

On that note the whole project has been shifted from DBpro to (OpenGL) C and C++ (DirectX) - as we're making a framework engine which on that we'll basically build a mod for Zoids
Seems a little annoying to shut out DBpro in this way however as gameSpace needs a decent OpenGL and DirectX render engine to stand a chance as a good modeling/world development program we figured this was the best way to get some practise.

I'm hoping that gameSpace will be full ready (atleast the full version) just before christmas, might seem like a long wait however each time i learn something new i seem to see a new way to do something quicker and more stable - as I want it to be a good and not rush anything then hopefully everyone will understand the delays.

finally Ciyanna what the post is really about ... well i've added a very basic syntax checker for DarkBasic the next hour or so will be boring Operators and Function programming - just really reiterating a tonne of information that is known (times like this i wish DB had LESS functions - hahaa)
The syntax checker has a popup, similar to DarkBasic Pro's which tells you what portion of the Function you need to add - basically it appears when the function is recognised

say RGB and you'll have a popup that then goes
" RGB(red,green,blue) " and when it detects the "," it'll move on. This is fairly simple yet effective.
however when you click another line or goto another window the help disappears until you either start the function from the first space/open bracket. It also disappears when you close it.
Another addon to this i hope to add in a while is the nestling version realtime, althought there is a complete code debug checker which will return Linenumber - it does take a little while, and i hope to add complete project dependacy support which will taken even longer. So the hope is to get it working retime as a reminder

Well about all for now

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 04:03
oh its that time again

yup a new "see if i work" version, i know you guys have only seen broken down versions - but really it is a great help to have stable core to work from before i add anything too complex. Annoying thing is this one is so different from the original that the old addons don't like it lol

well this one should now work from Win 95 / WinNT 3.5x and up
plus it looks kinda pretty for XP users as it now uses whatever theme and colours they are - alot of horrible white places have been got rid of. (they drove me nuts!)
oh and the RTF save problem has also been sorted

the program registers everything fine, so enjoy the new icons...
one thing i'd like to know howto do, and thats find out how many time i've build my project and saved it - i'm sure somewhere simple has this info, so if anyone can help me out there

Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 08:45
On W2K your program crashes:

The Source line that crashes say the following:

{ ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd)); ::GetWindowRect(m_hWnd, lpRect); }

it is in Inlines for AFXWIN.H (part 2) after:
#endif //_AFX_NO_OCC_SUPPORT

Hope that helps you to sort it out

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 10:49
How odd, especially as my OS is an update version of Win2K..

Could you try out 1.0.0.a and lemme know if you have the same problem please.
find it kinda hard to believe that those lines are the actual problem as they're identical between Win2K and WinXP Corp ... so more likely my background framework

Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 11:09
No problem with the first version. Btw I got the line from the MMD so I thougt they were correct.
If you are interested, send me a mail to hubdule@colorarts.de then I'll send you some screenshots of my IDE not finished yet but is in the works

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 21:13
i'm kinda getting confused by reports, as some people mention it works on thier OS and other say that it doesn't - so i'm not sure what exactly to make of this.

its kinda annoying that even with this being a public beta, alot of people arn't willing to help out and let me know if it works or not.
I mean its just as important to know what system it WILL work on and what ones it doesn't

i'm not sure if there is much point in screenshots to show everyone because the design has changed a few times as i've learn some new way of doing something making it easier

like to have more input from people with older operating systems if possible.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 21:13
oh and please any new comments can be made within the FMTau forums - thank you

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 19:16
Interesting Ciyanna Thread has been veiw 70 times over the last 2days ... thats alot of people checking it out, however still the forums have 10members!

Oh well, perhaps more will be willing to wanna sign up for beta tests and the forum in general soon - http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3

Checkout the Sexy new update

Beta Testers will be getting a taster of this in a matter of a day or so once i perfect the DarkBasic.DLL, right now does a few funcky things on the buildin functions like
bitshifting >> and such.
As anyone will notice from the screenshot that all that is DarkBasic Code - i'll be seeing about showing another one with the Native Ciyanna language

Kinda decided that if people want to they can either code natively or code in Ciyanna, should mean that porting will become alot easier between the languages with better plugins still alot of kinks in the language but its fun, kinda like a blend between C and Basic (Casic hahaa) well whatever, just take a look as i've worked hard especially on that tab menu tree - so i hope it looks like something people will enjoy using

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:16:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:16:19