Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Stuck in the pit of knownothingness!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 04:19
I am so lost with this program right now. I just bought dark physics and am hoplessly lost without any decent tutorials so if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

THANKS!
-- Mark --

Give a monkey the finest brushes and paint and you probably end up with feces on a canvas, give Da Vinci a box of crayons and a piece of notebook paper and you probably end up with a masterpiece.
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 05:53
what do you want to do?
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
Read and dissect the examples that come with DP. Change the functions and variables and see the effect. You'll soon get the hang of the general principles.

Everyone seemed to go through this learning curve. I made a pool game and a few collision demos.

Have fun

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 09:04
There are dozens of examples in the installer, covering just about everything you need to know.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 11:46
Except the Make Game Function... I hear that's coming out soon!

Seriously - you might do what I'm doing, and just make really really simple db pro (or DarkGDK) programs that make a flat box... Here is my "Playground" setting in DarkGDK:

All I'm doing there - is setting up physics engine, cam, and a flat "box" which is my Ground. The texture is just a texture I got for "grass-n-dirt" for a terrain demo.

Then I basically have a loop that places random balls or boxes "over" the Square and I make them dynamic rigid bodies or spheres:

And I watch em fall! YEAH! Now remove the Ground above I mentioned - (object 1) and call

Now you have ZERO GRAVITY! Which I think is fun to play with also!

With a few colors and maybe sometextures - you have an asteroid field of primitives drifting in space and bumping into each other.

To summerize - I've been coding a long time but it doesn't really matter - I mean - I think most people just try to learn a couple commands at a time... in tiny little programs that do much.

After you have done this a while and get a handle on things - you should have a little easier time getting a program written that uses the things you learned because you can plan your code out better.

Sorry to babble - just hang in there man - and keep pluggin!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 00:11:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 00:11:52