Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Little Help with my DLL i'm making.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2008 21:25 Edited at: 18th Jan 2008 21:27
Ok, i made a DLL in visual C++ 2003 then I opened the DLL in word pad and copied the decorated function to the string table. now for some reason, DBPro can't find the function name? ANy ideas?

EDIT: Crap..I posted this in the wrong forum.

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 01:45
What does the function prototype look like in your code, and what was the decorated name you got from the DLL?

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 05:16
It might be helpful to see the string table too.

@IanM: Where've you been? Haven't seen you post lately.

Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 14:31
Okey, insted of startin' a new thread I'm just asking here because I got problem with the same thing... Nearly..

1. How do I make a stringtable, where do I put it, etc?

2. How do I get object position etc from DBPro without having like 11 parameters?

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 18:19
Quote: "Where've you been? Haven't seen you post lately."

I've been around, still doing my mod duties. Apart from a short spell of coding for a friend last week, I haven't had the mental energy to do much.

@Hayer,
1. Which compiler?
2. You can either call the Basic3D plug-ins '?GetXPositionEx@@YAKH@Z' functions, or get the object pointer by calling '?GetObjectA@@YAPAUsObject@@H@Z', and then getting the position from the internal object data.

Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 19:25
c++ 2008 express , don't u have any example code?

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2008 18:20
Well, you create an empty text file and save it in your project directory as an .rc file. Then you rightclick resources (map in project explorer) and add existing item > the .rc file you created.
Then open it by rightclicking it and selecting view code and write the stringtable data in it.

STRINGTABLE
BEGIN

[list]
END

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 19:17:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 19:17:23