Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / questions, thoughts, etc.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
some questions & comments:
1.) why does the light show underneath the doors - can you stop it.
2.) from far away lights look dim, when up close, they seem to turn onto full brightness all of a sudden.
3.) if you watch the stats, the polygons screen stays maxed out sometime when looking at a wall not moving, with very laggy gameplay
4.) automatic doors open when you are across the room, not even close, is the a distance option before they open
5.) the enter key to open a door is crappy, any way to change it to another key
6.) when building a level, whats the best way to get enemies to adhere to waypoints - build way points first and put characters over them, or the other way around
7.) that prefab thing . . .
8.) going on 2 hours compile time to test a level just to check the lighting, and no where near close.
9.) if fpsc takes two years to update this product to usable, i think they will miss the boat
10.) is anybody working on a 'signs' program that will allow you to select the bump maps, etc.
11.) does character shop export directly to fpsc format in the correct folders
12.) will there ever be a x10 board with sections
13.) will my game ever finish compiling

quad core, 8800gts w/ 640 dedicated plus 1gb shares, 1TB, ok i guess . . .
griffx
Years of Service
User Offline
look at the time of this post compared to the first. its still not compiled. only 5 rooms to compile. 4 are 3x3 and 1 is 5x5. all prefabs!

thpoul
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know much from FPSC yet but I do know a lot from your hardware since I use the same.

*Have you overclocked your CPU?
**If yes what are your temperatures on load?

*Is your GPU cooler working at 99% as it's supposed to be when working in 3D graphics?
**If not go to the Nvidia site and download the software for overclocking your card. Install it, go to the overclock section of it and get your GPU cooler at 99% performance.

If you haven't OCed your CPU you must be aware that your multiplier will work on 6-9 and that it will never be constant if you don't change some things on your BIOS.

Please let me know if you need assistance in OC.

http://www.poolander.com
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 00:02
I'm not experiencing anything near the number of issues you seem to have. Sound like you just need to log some time in with FPSC and reading the boards, manual, guides.

I can compile 10 rooms in 8 minutes. All with entities, full light maps, and high-quality normal mapped textures. So it's not X10.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
griffx
Years of Service
User Offline
it's not overclocked - no plans to.

griffx
Years of Service
User Offline
what about the light shining through the bottom of the doors - can anything be done about that?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 14:20:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 14:20:52