Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Set Rigid Body Kinematic Position/Rotation doesn't work with dynamic meshes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 00:32 Edited at: 20th Jan 2008 00:48
For some reason, the kinematic positioning & rotating commands have no effect on dynamic meshes. Here's a little code snippet to show you:

Run that, and tell me if the dynamic mesh is rotating for you, 'cause it's not for me.

***EDIT:***

I fixed it. All I had to do was save the dynamic mesh first, then load it and it would react to the kinematic commands perfectly.
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2008 16:10
It probably is a bug introduced in the latest update, as previous versions worked correctly. I've opened a thread regarding this issue here.

As you correctly found out, once a mesh is loaded, rather than created, everything works as it should.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 02:05:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 02:05:49