Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / continued trouble

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
can not get anything to compile, see attached error. occured when optimizing and saving universe.

level consisted of 1 prefab, 1 x10 enemy, 5 light markers, 1 player marker.

and when will my post start showing up immediately again, i got in trouble for explaining which swear word i felt, never spelled out anything. did not know that rule. anyways, i'm thinking of a word that ends in 't'

quad core, 8800gts w/ 640 dedicated plus 1gb shares, 1TB, ok i guess . . .

Attachments

Login to view attachments
griffx
Years of Service
User Offline
1. tried repairing and making simple level, did not work.
2. tried uninstalling, the uninstaller did not work.
3. deleted all files, re-installing - will let you know

i can't believe the lack of support, i'm quite disappointed in the product right now.

Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i can't believe the lack of support, i'm quite disappointed in the product right now."
Have you tried email TGC?

These are forums, and they are mainly ran by the community. TGC do not come on here very often to offer support. The best way to get support is to email them directly. The forums are just the front lines for support. However, with your issues it sounds like you definitely need to contact TGC for help.
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2008 10:18
NO, it shouldn't be that way if the error message INSIDE the program tells him to do so. And if he gets a reply like this from tutelage, THAT is lack of support. If he emails, they're probably going to tell him to goto the forums, then what is he going to do?

Retired with FPSC, moved on to beyondvirtual.com, but still willing to help once in a while.
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If he emails, they're probably going to tell him to goto the forums, then what is he going to do?"

When I have emailed TGC i have always got a response from them. They have never once told me to go look at the forums. This is a company you are emailing, not some kids on a forum.

I am sorry for trying to give advice, maybe no one saw this little tab in the support: http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=contact_support

Once again, companies like to use the forums for the front lines so most issues can be resolved through the forum. However, if the error is when the game crashes building there are only certain people who can answer that. hmmm the people who wrote the program? "TheDude" are you telling me you know exactly what is happening in the "optimizing and saving universe", each line of code that is being steped into and out of?

Anyway griffx, email TGC or use the link I provided. No one can help you with that error as you have tried probably everything everyone is going to tell you (repair, uninstall, run as administrator)
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2008 15:43
I have also gotten great support from TGC when I emailed them directly.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2008 16:47
TGC is very nice and good at replying to your mails, The forums they never reply on.(well, almost never. It's a mess here with loads of topics. They can't check every topic there is every hour.)

griffx
Years of Service
User Offline
i did a system restore, and re-installed. i think the latest windows update caused the errors.

still want to know how to stop lights from other rooms from appearing under walls though . . .

-g

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2008 15:39
Are you using stock media?
You should put a screenshot in because I don't see that problem.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2008 01:07
Quote: "anyways, i'm thinking of a word that ends in 't'"

Cat?

Image made by the overworked Biggadd.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 05:10:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 05:10:50