Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / a few questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, i'v just bought fpsX10 amd I have a few questions (btw the last program I used that was remotely similar to this was 3D game maker)
So hre they are:

1.Will a NVIDA Ge Force 7500 LE be ok for it? or do i need to get the 8800? I'm fully prepared to pay for the new one anyway but I just wana know in advance before i have X10 delivered.

2.This may seem like a stupid question but anyway - can you use your own models for the games u make, specifically weapons.

3.while im talkin about models, dows anyone know of a cheap or free modeling programme i can get that can make models that will react to the lighting in the game, like shadows on the side of their face that is away from a light

4.Do you need or can you use any programing skills with FPS?
MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 21:02
I don't have FPSCX10 yet, but I'll try to answer some of your questions anyway.

Quote: "Will a NVIDIA Ge Force 7500 LE be ok for it? or do i need to get the 8800?"

You NEED to have a DX10 compatible GPU. Any GPU NOT DX10 compatible will NOT run FPSCX10. The NVIDIA 8-series (8400, 8500, 8600, 8800) and the ATI 2000/3000 series are the only cards that will run X10 so far. ATI cards are having some driver issues though, so NVIDIA is probably the way to go. Some people have 8600's, and they getting decent frame-rates, but with most effects off. I'd recommend an 8800.

Quote: "This may seem like a stupid question but anyway - can you use your own models for the games u make, specifically weapons"

Yes, but to do so you'll need to follow some (relatively) simple steps. Don't ask me what they are, as I said I don't have X10 yet so I wouldn't know. Also, some models have had random glitches in X10, you'll have to find a way around them.

Quote: "dows anyone know of a cheap or free modeling programme i can get that can make models that will react to the lighting in the game"

It doesn't matter what modeling program you use, it's X10 that renders the model. The program should be able to export to the DirectX file-format (.x), though. I do know that Jon and Bond use 3ds Max, but that's probably way above your budget, so I would look for a cheaper alternative.

Quote: "Do you need or can you use any programing skills with FPS?"

Need? No. Can you use? Absolutely. FPSCX10 has it's own built-in scripting language.

MS

AMD 4800+ (2.5GHz dual core), 3GB RAM (667 MHz), 320GB HD (7200 RPM), EVGA 8800GT Superclocked (factory OC'd @650 MHz, OC'd to 700 MHz), HP 22" Widescreen LCD, Vista Home Premium
The Roflo Beast
Years of Service
User Offline
ty for ya help, X10 has arived now too

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 03:50:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 03:50:17