Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics bug: Dynamic/Static meshes not working unless loaded?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2008 15:30 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2008 15:31
It seems that meshes, both static or dynamic, are not included in the physics simulation unless you load them first.

Example:

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2008 03:42
after you load them up and position them just do this

phy set rigid body postion

there is a command that lets you position the rigid body. cant think off the top of my head what it is. but its in there and it works...

Im tired I have been programing my engine in DX and I just popped on here for a second....good luck.
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 11:02
david w, maybe wrong thread?

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 13:29
Kendor? Wrong Thread? David Knows Dark Physics Inside and out - and gave you Dark Physics Advice - not the wrong thread.

Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 15:52
Jason, the answer given does not relate in any way with the problem I described. Phy set rigid body position will not work since the mesh is not even included in the physics simulation.

I came to the conclusion that it was posted in the wrong thread because, one he said he was tired and two, because at that time there was a question on how to change the position of physics objects

Hope that this cleared things up

Back on topic, does this happen only to me?

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 16:06
I read in the DarkGDK Docs for DarkPhysics that Some Meshs Don't work right for rigid dynamic mesh and that it MIGHT NOT be supported in future versions.

Also - I'm not convinced it wants the Object Number - But it Must right? How else would it move it. Seems you SHOULD be able to hand it an Object - and the "Mesh" Rigid - should be a poly based "thing" versus a BOX or Sphere (primitive)...

I tried that last night with a DarkMatter 3 Huey model - didn't do JACK... So I put it in a box - worked fine... Ideal? HARDLY!

Jonathan 0114
Years of Service
User Offline
cool.. try adding this into it

make object cube 4,10
position object 4,20,30,0
phy make rigid body dynamic mesh 4,"cube.mesh"
phy delete rigid body 4
phy load rigid body dynamic mesh 4,"cube.mesh"

the 2 objects fall into each other.... NOT GOOD.. trying to find a way around this, as I looked at newton, looked at this, got hold of a old demo, mesh worked ok and was THE REASON a got this one, so forked out my money and now they do not... not happy right now.....
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 02:34
Well Jon, I heard from Mike Johnson that Convex is what we need ... I haven't had a chance to look at it yet... but could you maybe give it a shot and report back?

What I heard was its a "max mesh of 256 Poly" or something... which implies you need to make a 256 or less poly "Physics" model modeled after you r "visual model" for the physics to work on... then you basically make your app position and orient your object to where the "convex" "Physics" model is each go around.

Please report any findings.. if I get to it (Heavily engrossed in a GUI at the moment) I'll report back myself

Thanx

bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 04:10 Edited at: 13th May 2008 04:16
this command will do without any loading for asimple cube
phy make rigid body dynamic box
the mesh is only used if you create a unique shape that does not fit the precreated polymodels. I have proceduraly created a house with floorboards you can blast out from under you with this command.

the precreated types are box, capsule, and sphere

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 20:11:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 20:11:18