Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Strange issue with camera or object "glitching"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2008 06:49 Edited at: 24th Jan 2008 07:29
Hello all,
I seem to remember having this issue before... but I can't remember what I did to fix it.

I have a cube as a character (sad, I know), and it rotates fine. It's when I move that I get a large problem. Either the camera is causing the glitch or the object is jumping back and forth rapidly, I can't quite tell.

Below is my code:

Below are my functions:

Thanks in advance
-Jim

[EDIT] It's definately the camera... still can't figure it out though x.x

Intel Pentium 4 3.40 Ghz HT, 1.5 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 6800, 19" Dell CRT Monitor ... I need to upgrade ^-^
Twisted Steel Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2008 16:53
Woohoo! Issue solved.

What did I do? My type had variables declared incorrectly as I was mixing DBP with C++ and saying float playerposx when it should have been playerposx as float... hours of wasted time for something soo silly

Intel Pentium 4 3.40 Ghz HT, 1.5 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 6800, 19" Dell CRT Monitor ... I need to upgrade ^-^

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-30 05:39:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-30 05:39:24