Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Problem With Dynamic Meshes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2008 22:59 Edited at: 24th Jan 2008 23:05
Im trying to make a dynamic mesh for a boat object but it crashes my game. Ive tried using a dynamic convex instead but only one part of it will detect collision(the front). Ive also tried using a dynamic box it wirks but a box doesnt form the right shape around my model. im using DP 1.02 with the latest PhysX drivers.

EDIT: All of my objects i have, crash the game.

Ps. Im using 3DWS To create the models

Thanks to anyone who helps

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 09:04
we would need to see some code, and have an idea of your model specs too.
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 11:00
With version 1.02, dynamic mesh creation was a bit of a hit and miss affair. In v1.03, it was improved considerably, so I suggest that you first upgrade to the latest version of Darkphysics. If this does not solve your problems then follow Batvink's advice and post some code/media for us.

P.s. There seems to be a problem with meshes in v1.03, whereby you need to load the mesh for it to be included in the simulation (see thread).

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 17:11 Edited at: 25th Jan 2008 17:18
@ Batvink

heres some source i made earlier

if you use a model made with 3dws this code should not work.

@ kendor

i cant upgrade to 1.03 read this

The problem seems to be with 3dws because it works ok with any other mesh.

Ashy
Years of Service
User Offline
dbPhyMakeRigidBodyDynamicMesh() in gdk doesn't seem to work for me at all. Using 3d studio max to export to X.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2008 07:31
I've made a little something from that code, hope it help some one, or just have a peek to see what I did tonight.

I've included the model as a download so don't run it with out it, or the code wont work.

sorry if it is a bit sloppy.

From the dark and in to the light, twisted the body of madness, dark souls to only the one who would be called, Death lord of the dead, king of the forgotten, keep of lost souls.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FINN MAN
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been having some problems as well with meshes. The biggest problem is that I can't get dynamic meshes working.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 23:27:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 23:27:42