Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [LOCKED] Do not buy this game it is crap

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The game and the support are terrible. If you want to create a game, please buy another program. Look at the Crysis Level creator. You will laugh at how they can charge the same price for this garbage.

xwing33
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Umm... have you looked into actually licensing the Crysis engine? I laugh at you for even comparing the 2

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 07:30 Edited at: 25th Jan 2008 07:40
Brand new user posting not to buy?

Seems like more than opinion. More like an attack.

So, you have judged the customer support after only 3 days here?

little patience you have

Don't worry, I've seen a lot of inexperienced users bad mouth a product simply because they have not taken the time to learn it.
So, you are not alone.

I would noob slap you if I were a Mod.

A legitimate complaint is one thing, but calling the product "crap/garbage" is a bit harsh and can be done on your site not here.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 08:50
He doesn't even know this is an Engine, not a game...

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 09:04
Quote: "Do not buy this game it is crap"

And I suppose you could do better?

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 15:00 Edited at: 25th Jan 2008 15:02
So xwing33,

Did you see this thread going a different way in your mind? Have you done any research? Did you know that this was an engine, not a game? Have you used it, or the other you mention for that matter? Did you think that all of the members here were idiots who fell for a scam?

Quote: "If you want to create a game, please buy another program."

I would say that your concern is touching, but you would have done better to show us some of your work, to let us see the difference between the two, and speak with a little experience and knowledge.

As it is your post is just spam from a nobody, and I'm surely waisting my time, but I had a minute.

Best.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 15:08
Quote: "As it is your post is just spam from a nobody,"

How do you know he is a nobody, perhaps he is from Crysis engine and has seen the competition and whats to discredit the main competitor.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivitastudios.com/
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 15:15
Quote: "perhaps he is from Crysis engine and has seen the competition and whats to discredit the main competitor."

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 16:00
Quote: ""

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivitastudios.com/
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 18:27
i hate it when people do this. they attack, then they never post again. so they try and be the 'big person' by making 'big people' post, and then they wimp out the rest of it like a 'little person'

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ w/ HT Technology 1000MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 2GB DDR PC-3200 - 2x1024, ATI RADEON™ X1900XTX 512MB
Dream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 20:35
i really didnt know that you could even use that engine i thought the people who made crysis basically own it so wont all games you make on it look and feel like you are playing on crysis
also i bet it is not half as easy too use than fpsc????

dream
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 20:43
Quote: " The game and the support are terrible. If you want to create a game, please buy another program. Look at the Crysis Level creator. You will laugh at how they can charge the same price for this garbage."

Hey i agree with you, *except for that nonsense about crysis, that games AI is horrible* but you really should not voice those kind of opinions.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 21:21 Edited at: 25th Jan 2008 22:28
You can create your own custom AI in FPSC using FPI Scripts.
If he had bothered to even read the manual, then he would have known that.
So, the only thing to complain about is his use of the product.

Quote: "Do not buy this game ...You will laugh at how they can charge the same price for this garbage."

See, he bought Crysis (which is a game) and thought that FPSC was the same thing. (since he paid about the same)
So, in his mind that makes FPSC a game too.

The confusion started when he thought the level editor for Crysis and the FPSC Engine were the same thing.

Crysis is a GAME that allows you to make modifications for personal use. (hobby/non-profit)

FPSC X10 is a GAME ENGINE that allows you to create games for personal or commercial use. (for-profit)

They are not even close to being comparable, unless you want to pay $250,000 for the commercial license for the CryENGINE 2.

"charge the same" ?

He's just another inexperienced user who doesn't even take the time to read the manuals, or the license agreements.

Quote: "i really didnt know that you could even use that engine i thought the people who made crysis basically own it so wont all games you make on it look and feel like you are playing on crysis
also i bet it is not half as easy too use than fpsc????"

Yeah, Crytek released a level editor with the game so the users can modify (MOD) the levels.
They ran out of time on the multiplayer maps (or just felt lazy), so they left the multiplayer maps up to the users.
I mean they have multiplayer maps included, but they are limited. (Crytek allowed mods to Far Cry too)
They (Crytek and Intel) are currently having a contest for level design using the Crysis Level Editor. (1-5-08 to 3-18-08)

You are right, it is not as easy to use as FPSC. (they have video demos)
That's why I think their 2 month deadline for their contest is unreasonable.
Only people who are familiar with their level editor will have a chance to create a great game in that amount of time.
It would take some of us (the ones who do read and want to learn) 2 months to learn the proper use of the engine.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 22:58 Edited at: 25th Jan 2008 22:58
How did this thread even make it past post approval to start! This is just a waste of forum space. This thread needs to be deleted,
And do your research before wining about a program you haven’t even take the time to learn and I’m also guessing your PC doesn’t meet the min requirements to run X10 that’s why you posted this garbage.
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "How did this thread even make it past post approval to start!"

well his post isnt agains the aup i think, even rule nr. 3.12, maybe he just wanted to debate the quality of Fpsc X10?

Quote: "See, he bought Crysis (which is a game) and thought that FPSC was the same thing. (since he paid about the same)
So, in his mind that makes FPSC a game too."

see this is against rule nr. 3.11 and 3.12 in the aup, you're implying he's stupid. But will we ever see you get noob slapped? no. why? "he's considered a more respected member", oh how often i've heard that, and that's just how things are in the fpsc forums.

Free music for any DarkBasic Projects www.Soundclick.com\Peacemaker
not allowed for use in fpscreator projects without my approval..
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 23:47 Edited at: 25th Jan 2008 23:48
Lucifer @ The reason I said that is because the tile of this thread and the opening statement made by xwing33 in his or here’s post is Flamebait plain and simple. and if it's not against the AUP it should be.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 00:43 Edited at: 26th Jan 2008 00:44
Alright lucifer, you need to take a chillpill and stop complaining about off subject stuff, your just looking to start a flame war arnt you? its bad enough this thread, its flamebait material, and then you go around questioning the rules and actions made by mods/tgc. wow you really are asking for it.

Death has no end
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 01:08 Edited at: 26th Jan 2008 01:09
i'm not complaining about anything or questioning actions made by the fpsc mods. And as soon as i see flame posts directed to me i'll leave this thread. So no, i'm not trying to start an arguement..

But i guess you're taking my post to seriously, does it really bother you so much how i feel about the fpsc forums?

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 01:13 Edited at: 26th Jan 2008 01:14
No im just saying your asking everyone on the forums, to flame you. Obviously you havent learned enough about the forums yet. its simple dont post questionable posts in a flamebait thread.

Death has no end
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 01:53
Quote: "you're implying he's stupid."

I saw nothing in the AUP about implying. It could be said that xwing33 was implying that we were stupid for buying this instead of Crysis, but that would be as stupid as what you posted.

Again, there is nothing in the AUP about implying that a post was stupid, only about calling someone stupid, unless you're talking to Stoopid.

Therefore, since nothing posted in this thread is in itself against the AUP, we must apply the trolling rule for posting something that is sure to start a war.

... and that's the news. Have a great day and a better tomorrow.

Best.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I saw nothing in the AUP about implying."

yeah?
Quote: "We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member"

there might not be anything about implying, but how can conjurned's post not be putting him down, this is basicly just an insult.

Quote: "See, he bought Crysis (which is a game) and thought that FPSC was the same thing. (since he paid about the same)
So, in his mind that makes FPSC a game too."

I might have misinterperated his post, but you all seem to have done so with my posts too, i never intended to offend people.

Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the aup

Quote: "3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present."

Clearly this post fell into this category.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 02:46
I'm still not seeing anything in Conjured's post that is bad. He seems to be replying to the massage and not the person, but perhaps you have history with him.

At any rate, the guy threw an insult and ran. He's probably sitting back and laughing at us now, knowing that most here will stand up for TGC, and an argument will ensue. Actually, I think the whole thing has been very civil, at least a lot better than it would have been in the past.

A testament to the fine folks here. Have a beer.

Best.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 04:18
I step away from the computer and...this???Whatever opinions you have about the game are fine but TGC has these forums to help support their products...the idea that a bunch of do-it-yourselfers can give each other support and free TGC up to make more products/improve the ones they have.
I checked and unbelivably enough this does appear to be a new user.
One who has not read the manual,the stickies,tried the updates for the engine,etc.
Obviously these types of threads probably don't belong here and nothing that has been posted here as far as FPSC is anything new.
I for one won't sit here and pretend the engine doesn't have its issues...all engines do.
So you can handle this two ways.
1. Start a thread like this that will obviiously start a flame war,etc.
or
2. You can do something about it.Learn about FPSC and how to use it properly,mod the source code,work with everyone to make this a better place.

Please have mercy and use the search function.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 01:49:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 01:49:53