Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Lines in the sky!!!

Author
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 13:56
even if i got a great graphic card now geforce 8800gt OC2 512mb ,the sky is still a mess !
R

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 14:33
Ive seen these posts on skyboxes, are you sure the error is not the skybox that TGC has done or whereever the skybox has come from, try it with a working skybox that is made correctly. That one above looks like its ambient isnt set right.
If you want a working skybox thats correct, download the free one of my site and try that in dx10, if it doesnt then the problem is the engine for sure.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivitastudios.com/
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 20:40
that line just looks like the transition from the top of the skybox to the side of the skybox, it just looks like the skybox isnt very seemless when switching sides

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 22:09 Edited at: 25th Jan 2008 22:13
Quote: "Ive seen these posts on skyboxes, are you sure the error is not the skybox that TGC has done or whereever the skybox has come from, try it with a working skybox that is made correctly. That one above looks like its ambient isnt set right.
If you want a working skybox thats correct, download the free one of my site and try that in dx10, if it doesnt then the problem is the engine for sure."

It is the engine. The stock FPSC X10 skies have visible lines.
All the skyboxes from FPSC are seemless, but not in FPSC X10.

I'm pretty sure that this has already been addressed in the Temporary Bug Thread.
I'm also pretty sure that this will probably be one of the first fixes.
After all, non-seemless skies take away from the advancements that were made in the other graphical areas.
I'm hoping that they replace the box with spheres. (so we can rotate one for cloud movement)

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 01:05
Cant you just make a skybox an inside out sphere instead of box? isnt there just a generic model for skyboxes? Because like you said conjured Skyspheres, now those are more practicle

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 06:22
But they're harder to make I think. Not sure though.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 08:24
Actuallty, they are easier. A sphere with 1 texture on it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 02:26:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 02:26:05