Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Enhancements pack EAX effects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 01:19
I have the enhancements pack and one of the latest sound blaster cards which supports EAX 5.0. Does anyone know why the EAX function just don't work. I have the latest version of DBPro 6.6b and the enhancement pack running on WinXP SP2

Perform Checklist for EAX effects
a = checklist quantity()
for z = 1 to a
print checklist string$(z),z
next z
Load 3dsound "C:\media\testHi.wav",1

This yields a list of environments like Cave for instance.

But when I try to apply one to a sound like this:

Apply Preset EAX Effect 1,"Cave"

It fails to compile saying parameters do not match.

If I try:

Apply Preset EAX Effect 1,9

substituting 9 because Cave is 9th in the list, it compiles but crashes at runtime with "Invalid String Variable".

Has anyone gotten any of these EAX functions running correctly? If so, please get me started in the right direction.

Anyone know where I can get docs on these functions? Creative now requires you register by mail and describe your project and wait 2 weeks for a review before they will make the SDK for EAX 5.0 available to you.

The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything? "Tea for Two". Deep Thought was Dyslexic.
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Has anyone gotten any of these EAX functions running correctly? If so, please get me started in the right direction."

EAX command set is broken like almost everything rest in the Enhancements Package. TGC are not fixing it. I have replied many problems but none of them got fixed to date. Sorry to say this. But I would give up on this. It looks like they are not going to fix them for some time.

Quote: "Anyone know where I can get docs on these functions? Creative now requires you register by mail and describe your project and wait 2 weeks for a review before they will make the SDK for EAX 5.0 available to you."

No, I don't have them either. This is way Creative worked from the first day of EAX release - you must be a registered developer to get the docs. But I guess if you search the net it would give you something interesting. At least unofficial specs and command examples should be hosted somewhere. But as I said before what is the use of official docs if you can get basic commands like GET EAX() to work.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, DirectX10, DBPro 6.6b

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 05:48:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 05:48:02