Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Obstacle Detection for Walls? - Dark AI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

On my game I am currently working on, it has walls in it. Well I need to have Dark AI make obstacles around the walls in my game. I have a screen shot attached to this post. I have tried several times to get the obstacle detection to work with the walls, but with no success. The AI just keeps going though the walls.

As you can see in the screen shot, the AI Debug Show Paths Position enabled. Is there anyway to have the walls in the game to have obstacle detection? Any help in appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 19:19
How are you adding the geometry to the AI system?

e.g. AI Add Obstacle From Level

Who is your Daddy, and what does he do?
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
My current setting is AI Add Obstacle From Level.
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 22:12
This command calculates the obstacles by using a plain at a height specified by one of the parameters, it calculates where the geometry intersects the plain then creates the obstacles from this.

After calling this command you must call AI Complete Obstacles, this causes the AI system build the obstacles from the data that has been added to the system.

If this is not the case then I would hazard a guess that your walls either fall below or above this plain, which would result in them not being added to the system.

If you create a ghosted plain at the height you passed into this command you will see where it intersects the geometry.

Who is your Daddy, and what does he do?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 03:30:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 03:30:34