Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / My Mission: Ragdoll Creator with built in AI of Walking, Moving, Fighting, ETC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I have been messing around and I see the possibilities of making either a standalone program or plugin that would make it easier for everyone to build their own ragdolls to their specifications. I am also looking to make artificial intelligence for the ragdoll to know how to walk, move, fight, and be able to learn how to do these things based on a muscle simulation, that any person can control in a user interface similar to that of poser. Where the animations will be completely interactive with objects around it using physics. (You throw a punch at a brick, but the punch stops short of the brick location, you do a jump kick, but the leg gets grabbed in mid air and the person ends up falling due to physics alone as his legs are not holding him up. I am curious, what would you like to see in something like this available to you, and would you pay like 25$ for it? Post your comments suggestions, etc please
CuCuMBeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 18:51
Make what you just said up there, and i promise ill pay 25$.
But as a careful customer, id like to be sure of your programming skills can handle it, any proof for that?

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 18:57
I don't mean to sound like a knob, but thats all well and good that you r making a plug in, for ragdoll physic and AI, but you could just have a normal player control, and hide the player and make the ragdoll as and when you need it in your programs, it would be nice to have some good AI to interact with the physics, but to pay £12.50 for the privalige just seems a bit much, could you not just ask to be added to the credits of the makers games? and do it off your hone back, I would use it, if you made it, and I would be more than happy to add you to the credits to, you there need to me more shearing of information in this community of game makes. be more flexible.

From the dark and in to the light, twisted the body of madness, dark souls to only the one who would be called, Death lord of the dead, king of the forgotten, keep of lost souls.
Tactics1
Years of Service
User Offline
I will of course put out a demo first The proof will be in the pudding taste test
Tactics1
Years of Service
User Offline
@sindore

The ragdoll creation is the least of the features. That isnt the main goal of the project, to create a ragdoll. Of course that will be available as one would be useful as to use the other functions. I think the real money comes in when you have the system that brings a character model to life with minimal repetitive or exploitable illusions, and a full physical interaction and intelligence system that will eliminate the need of illusion to utilize physics in every step and every interaction with the world around them from the actions they are doing, to getting knocked down, to getting back up. Then the ability to customize it with minimal time involved! Im thinking one of my first examples will be through a fighting game, similar to that of Mortal Kombat to showcase the interaction ai and the ability to upload a model with a list of settings to customize the outcome. Then perhaps show a movie comparing the source involved with and without The User Interface program too when that gets done ;p Enough talk, I mainly just wanted to turn on my MailBack option, I didnt see how to do that in edit post. Lol
pdq
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 22:21 Edited at: 30th Jan 2008 22:23
Quote: "
Make what you just said up there, and i promise ill pay 25$
"

I'd be willing to do the same. A standalone physics asset manager to import and export physics based models would be a big hit. I remember KAT when UT2003 came out.

Quote: "
build their own ragdolls
"

You actually were able to do this?
MultiyPlayer game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2008 00:10
How long untill you have ready.
thebulk71
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2008 00:46 Edited at: 31st Jan 2008 00:48
I think you'll notice that almost noone on these forums have got DP to work with ragdolls. the only working ragdoll is their rope example that inexplicably can't be reproduced.

I'm getting the impression that you're planning on doing this program to work in conjunction with DP.

All this to say: If you can get ragdolls working easily in DP for a nominal fee, I'm buying, regardless of the AI physics ragdolls you planned on.

I mean, if you get ragdolls available to us for free in DP, and had us pay for AI physics then it could work out too.

Whatever suits you man, don't let the stingy kids on these forums get to you with "I want it for free" cries. Make what you want, especially this , but don't expect fortunes in return.

This could be interesting people
thebulk71
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 23:03
any news or luck? this could be major people!!!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 00:21
Quote: "You throw a punch at a brick, but the punch stops short of the brick location, you do a jump kick, but the leg gets grabbed in mid air and the person ends up falling due to physics alone as his legs are not holding him up."

Using ragdolls for everything would introduce unecessary overhead, if it's even possible. Usually you replace the model with a ragdoll when anything happens that is severe. You can already stop an animated punch if the character hits a brick (I do this in Geisha House, if my character punches a wall he'll withdraw as soon as his fist touches the wall), or interrupt a jump kick. A ragdoll would be good in the second situation, but only after he's grabbed out of the air.

In any event, if you did create a system like this people would gladly pay for it. I think you'll find the implementation of this idea to be much harder than it seems.

Come see the WIP!
Tactics1
Years of Service
User Offline
@Cash Curtis : Yes, it may prove to be quite difficult, but I love challenges and Im determined

As far as news, progress is being made, nothing worth showing yet. I CAN say, that I will have something to show in a couple weeks tops. Talk to you all then =)
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 02:04
pdq
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I like to know to. I have started to make a transition from Dark Physics to Newton, simply because I have become frustrated with DP.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 00:49
(WHY FRUSTRATED WITH DP? Can you email me or start a thread?) Don't want to hijack the thread but do want to know!

pdq
Years of Service
User Offline
@Jason

Here it goes:

1)Myself along with others have posted numerous requests on the program flow in getting a skinned ragdoll model to work in DP.

I have started to learn Newton, and I find myself having an easier time with skinned ragdoll physics. In fact, I hope to get a fully skinned ragdoll of aiko using Newton soon.

2)According to DP documentation, DP is suppose to support complex collision models by creating rigid bodies out of limbs. This as of yet, has not been implemented. Newton claims to do the same thing, and I am in the process of testing it out.

3)I am probably still recovering from the FPSCx10 fiasco, and the lack of updates on DP during that time.

MORE POWER to Tactics1, if Tactics1 is able to figure out the ragdoll physics in DP!!!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 23:01
Thanx for the update - at least we know what's going on. Fiasco Huh? Physics not quite right with DP? Hmmm..... Interesting - keep us posted

Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Something in my head keeps saying... "Nuh Uh" then shaking vigorously.

Check out my site for the latest on my games.
Paul08
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 19:42
$25 here when its done (well, the equivalent in UK poundage)

Paul
Elite Gaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 22:01
This sounds like its going to be a HUGE project. I think the new Star Wars game, Force Unleashed is using this type of engine, and it looks amazing! Here is a video if anyone wants to see, its called the Endorphin engine:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/17083.html
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Over a month since his last post and still... Nothing.

I appreciate how hard this would be but a post letting us know the project actualy exists wouldn't hurt.

Check out my site for the latest on my games.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2008 01:20
I will be surprised if he's still working on it... not because I think he was talking junk, or anything like that. Some things are just ALOT harder then they look. Plus, you don't find out about technical gotches until you're under the hood going AAAHHHH!!!!

So... No harm done - this is a tough one. That Video Elite Gaming put up made me want to CRY! Not any game - just that animation veao.. NUTS!

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2008 03:07
This project isnt gonna happen. period.
Tactics1
Years of Service
User Offline
My sincere apologies everyone. I have had a lot happen to me since I posted. Death in the family, which has been very stressful. Women issues.. gotta love them! My dad decided he wanted to be a part of my life after leaving me abandoned from any sort of contact from him for 22 years, etc. I am a lot more busy than I was when I wanted to work this project. I intend to pick at it though, and any progress that I make I will make sure to let you all know. In the meantime, when I was looking up for some resources and such, I came across a very interesting game. http://www.toribash.com/ Take a look at it, some of you might find it interesting. I am also very dissapointed in tgc for not making any more updates with the the gdk of dark physics. Not to mention all the typos and undocumented code that leave out some useful commands. WAKE UP GUYS!
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2008 18:50
The Endorphin engine is based upon years of research carried out at Oxford University into Bio-mechanical AI. I honestly think that undertaking such a project is going to take you forever.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 01:52:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 01:52:40