Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Fluid Collision vs changed Static Trianglemesh

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
i have a problem, which i cant get solved for some weeks now. I have a scene in which fluid is spilled over a trianglemesh. Now i want to change that mesh. So i change it connect it with the actor and delete the old mesh. It works fine for rigid bodys which collide against the new mesh, but not for fluids.
I tried;
- deleting the mesh
- deleting the whole actor
- deleting the fluid
- tried TriangleMeshes and Heightfields
(tried in HW and SW)

The traingle meshes are cooked on the fly and stored in AABB which are defined by the fluid parameters. This happens, when particles move in an AABB where a mesh resists, or when using CookFluidMeshHotspot. Unfortunately once created, these AABB (fluid mesh packets) are not eraseable as it seems. It seems also not possible to overwrite them or destroy them in some other way.

The new fluid always collides against the old shape, even if the whole actor ist deleted. I also tried cookFluidMeshHotspot but i doesnt work. Just by changing the vars, which are important for cooking (like particles per meter) a new mesh is cooked for fluids.

I didnt find a way to get rid of them except for releasing the whole PhysX Scene. I really need to erase these fluid mesh packets (in the AABBs) so that a collision against a new shape in this AABB is possible.Is there any chance to recook the Mesh stored in the AABB?

So is a solution possible or just not now. Even a workaround would be fine, but always creating an new fluid with slightly different parameters doesnt seem the right solution as the cooked meshes are stored in AABB until the scene is released (as it seems).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 23:12:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 23:12:46