Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / phy make rigid body dynamic sphereS don't work?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys, the command "phy make rigid body dynamic boxeS" is working but i can't make "phy make rigid body dynamic sphereS" to work at all...

Is it me or this command really doesn't work?
Twisted Steel Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 07:32
phy make rigid body dynamic spheres doesn't exist. it's sphere, box, capsule, convex, mesh as the last words in the command...

Intel Pentium 4 3.40 Ghz HT, 1.5 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 6800, 19" Dell CRT Monitor ... I need to upgrade ^-^
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 09:59
Don't know the difference but actually those commands exist, are highlighted in the editor and compile just fine. It is also true that when using boxes it works, while spheres don't.

Out of curiosity, why are you using the plural instead of the singular?

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 06:56
They make a rigid body for each limb in your object. I haven't used them for a long time though, so no comment.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 18:45
it works well with me. But thats because i use limbs like batvink said^^

Bhax
Years of Service
User Offline
First of all, thank you all for answering. Now let's see...
@ Shiny Edge Studios
Quote: "phy make rigid body dynamic spheres doesn't exist. it's sphere, box, capsule, convex, mesh as the last words in the command..."

Actually you're wrong. There are plural versions of all of them, but i only got the boxes one working, as you can see in the code below.
@ Kendor
Quote: "Out of curiosity, why are you using the plural instead of the singular?"

I don't like to use joints to setup complex models, they look too unstable. Look at the code below, it's a modified version of the Dark Physics chair joints demo. In my version the chairs look a lot more stable (I removed the needed media so other people could easily run the code).
@ BatVink and kaedroho
That's great! But as you can see in the code, i already use limbs, and still can't make the spheres version work.

My main goal is to use dynamic boxes as a character controller (a motorcycle), but when i use boxes it keeps bumping at the smallest obstacle in the way. I think i may have better results using spheres to compose the collision model, so if you could show me some code using the "phy make rigid body spheres" i would really appreciate. Here's my modified version of the chair demo:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 23:56:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 23:56:39