Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DarkPhysics DarkGDK Vehicle Demo Doesn't work but others demos do :(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 03:42
I JUST bought DarkPhysics - and the DarkGDK demos work EXCEPT the Vehicle one - Exception Error - its either the BUILD VEHICLE line or the MAKE SPHERE right below it. Anyone else See this?

(Vehicles are a MAJOR reason I grabbed Dark Physics )

Pixel Perfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 09:21
It's working fine here Jason, so it's not a general problem. Not a lot of help I know but at least you know it should work! Good luck tracking it down.

No matter how good your code is, someone will improve on it
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 09:35
I will run through the vehicle demo and check for any possible problems.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 13:34
Thanx guys. Out the box - I had top copy the dll's in the DarkGDK demo solution to each demo project folder - I'm sure I could have set a path - but the files weren't so big.

They all compile and all run EXCEPT the vehicle demo gives me an exception at one of these two lines:

The "Green Arrow" that points to where the exception error happened is on the line "dbMakeObjectSphere(3,10);".

So I suspect the dbPhyBuildVehicle command just above it - but I don't know.

Thank you for looking into this Mike!

(Hi Pixel Perfect!)

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 03:21
@Mike Johnson - Any update or feedback? Thanx in advance!

Sorry for double post - but all my Dark Gdk Stuff works, My tests with Dark Basic Work (e.g. Vehicle Demo Works Fine - I can compile and run the demo in Dark Basic Pro).

all the Dark GDK demos work EXCEPT Vehicle and Water. Water demo compiles - all I see is black window, and the debug window keeps getting messages like: Can't render to Image as its in use as Texture ... or something like that.

Vehicle Demo gets exception error at build vehicle command.

Note I made my own demo - and I can build the vehicle... without a exceptin error but it sinks into the ground (rigid body like boxes don't) ... yes I know about the skin thinkness bit....

So - I REALLY want a Working Vehicle Demo that compiles in DarkGDK and runs.

Pixel Perfect - are you saying your demo works - or you can compile and run the vehicle demo from within C++ VS2008? (Actually compiling it yourself?)

Pixel Perfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 14:57
Yes, successfully compiled built and executed on my PC!

The only demos I have had any problem with are the Dark Basic Ragdoll demos which run ok and look really impressive but eventually just crash the executable. Possibly some sort of memory issue there!

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 00:33
BOOOOOO - I can't compile and run WATER and VEHICLE BOOOO!!!!

You know - I saw that with the RagDoll thing myself. Kinda sucks cuz I thought that was a good example to show my wife - to justify buying everything... and CRASH...run again.... goes for a bit...CRASH.... She looked at me kinda funny ... and I shrank in my chair - "Honey.. its a new release - they will ahve patches"... she said... "You better hope so"

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 01:03 Edited at: 12th Feb 2008 01:09
Quote: ""Honey.. its a new release - they will ahve patches"... she said... "You better hope so""

Lol , so I take it your wife was not that impressed then.

To make the water and vehicle projects work, all you need to do is add this line dbSetDir( "../" ); somewhere at the top of the DarkGDK function, because the media directory is one above the output directory for the release and debug build configurations.

Edit: The load functions shouldn't really use the silent approach to missing media, maybe this needs looking into?

Another Edit: Do this with all the projects, they look nicer.

Projects Started: 20
Projects Completed: 0
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 01:26
@monotonic - You NAILED IT! That Was IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Mike Johnson - That's all it was!

Pixel Perfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 20:21
Ah yes, I always move my executables up one level .. sorry Jason, should have mentioned that!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 23:13:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 23:13:27