Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Bitmaps and bitmap pallets

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 05:01
I would like to pass DarkBasic bitmaps to and from my DLL. I can see how you would do this using the MAKE MEMBLOCK FROM BITMAP command. I can see this will work fine for true colour bitmaps, but for bitmaps with only a few colours I need to map the bits to actual colours in a pallete. My question is how can I get at a bitmaps pallet and colour mapping information. ?

It would also be handy to be able to change pallet entries.

Thank for any help or suggestions in advance

Jack Taylor

Jack Taylor
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 14:50
I would assume that palette based bitmaps would be converted to 16 or 32 bit format when loaded.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong though.

zog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 08:13
Thanks I will do some experimentation. There are no details though on how a 16 bit bitmap is mapped to actual colour values. I will make the assumption that it will be the same as in the windows SDK.

I looked for information in dark basic pro volume 2 ( page 1298 ), and I down loaded DarkGDK to look for details. Alas I did not find any more information.

Jack Taylor

Jack Taylor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 20:11:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 20:11:35