Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DPgdk help with materials please - static terrain

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having some trouble figuring out if a static terrain's phyx material actually works. I have this setup like so;

And I basically have the values set so that they DO NOT bounce or roll and i've applied this to my static terrain. But when i drop stuff onto the terrain it bounces and rolls around like normal.

I then went and applied a similar material to the objects i am dropping on the terrain and they still bounce and roll like normal, but now they seem to stop when they touch each other - which is exactly what it should do. But the terrain material seems to have no affect, only the objects affect each other.
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2008 14:59 Edited at: 14th Feb 2008 15:04
if the terrain is static, then surley you have to define static friction in the material?

dbPhySetMaterialStaticFriction

just a thought

cheers, grant.

ps. isnt there going to be a board dedicated to the GDK flavour of the plugins, we're going to start confuzing the crap out of any newbies that start trawling this board if we mix things up.

Ohd Chinese Ploverb say : Wise Eskimo, not eat yerrow snow.
Ashy
Years of Service
User Offline
oh boy, i set it to the objects that get dropped on the terrain, must of missed it for the terrain it self. I will try it out later, had to take the objects out to fix a shader.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 01:14:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 01:14:28