Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / How can I make clothing?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, I had a question, but wasn't sure what to do:

How can I use DarkPhysics to make dynamic clothing for my characters?

I am totally new to DarkPhysics, so could someone please tell me the following:

1.) Can I use a colored image along with an alpha channel to make the shape of my clothing to drape over my characters? If so, how?

2.)How do you use the cloth commands in DarkPhysics? Examples would be great.

3.) How can I make the cloth have collision detection for the model it's on?

4.) How can I make the cloth blow as if there were wind going through it?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 23:39
From what I've seen so far - Cloth seems a little taxing compared to boxes and balls.

As for Cloth Examples - there ones that come with DarkPhysics.

culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 23:52
Wait for make cloth from object

Then you can just model some clothes and turn them into some flexible cloth.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 03:13
Quote: "Wait for make cloth from object"

Meanwhile his hero is running around naked! Waiting for a new feature usually means ...well... alot of practice waiting.

culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 03:18
If you really don't wanna wait, I'd just model the stuff on in your modeling program. Then when the feature comes out, you can separate the player and the clothes, export the clothes, and make cloth from object.
Tri Alliance
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone! I have looked at the DarkPhysics cloth examples.

@culmor30 - No thanks, that's okay. I can show you some screens of the clothing and characters I modeled in Truespace 7.51 though. By the way, the characters,hair meshes, and clothing I made are eventually going to be used in a Sims 1 style simulation game i've been planning on for a long time now. It's going to be a very hard task considering i'm doing most of the work (art, website, programming, game developement) while we only have two other game developers and one more programmer in my family. The lead programer of my family has a job with long hours, and therefore, he cannot always help me with the programming part in the game making process. That's why I come to this forum and ask lots of questions.

@everyone - Sorry if I was asking so many questions. I just need some help or a little support here and there. Plus i'm probably not as smart in the world of programming as you people are. I think i'm better at the art part of the game making process.

[img]null[/img][img]null[/img]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 06:47
Its not gonna happen anytime soon.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2008 07:53
you could make some clothing, just not a lot, like for example, you could have a bit of cloth hanging down between your players/NPCs legs, or you could have a cape on there back, or some sort of thing, dangling off there arms.
Its up to you, and it can be done, just texture the rest or the part of the bady, that you wont to have clothing, add you cloth dangling, and texture that with a texture that match's the rest of you clothing texture, and hay presto, you now have clothing that looks like it hang from your player / NPC, and it will react to the movement of your player / NPC / bullets etc.

hope this has bin of some uses

From the dark and in to the light, twisted the body of madness, dark souls to only the one who would be called, Death lord of the dead, king of the forgotten, keep of lost souls.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 00:48:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 00:48:25