Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Flying sphere physics interactions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 07:31 Edited at: 19th Feb 2008 07:32
Heyyy. So, I'm working on a school project involving darkbasic

I need my bullet to be able to knock over a stack of large boxes. I really just want it to shoot straight out until it hits something and disappear. But not disappear before it affects the other object. Here's my current code:

How could I integrate that nicely? Thanks in advance.

Also - here's a full download with the code and all the media:

http://rapidshare.com/files/93067398/codeandmedia.zip.html

EDIT: Oh yeah, and you can completely redo the bullet code if necessary, but I wouldn't know how.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2008 08:12
ok so this is a bit late I guess, but here is how you could do it, just make a timer lets call it (tm) now as soon as you press your button to fire your bullet, start your timer (inc tm) then do as follows

and to make the object again, and reset every thing

(x# y# z#) will be what ever position you wont and (ID) is the name or address of your object, (fire) is there to stop you from firing more than once.

Hope this of some help to some one out there.

From the dark and in to the light, twisted the body of madness, dark souls to only the one who would be called, Death lord of the dead, king of the forgotten, keep of lost souls.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 02:29:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 02:29:01