Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Object Position - Gets JARRED when you Bump Stuff?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 13:47 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2008 14:55
1: I Load a Model
2: I Use the Objects SIZEs (x,y,z) to make a bounding box
3: I position this bounding box with Object Position + Collision Center Values. Its PERFECT. (My Bounding Box totally Surrounds my Object PERFECT)
4: I Constantly Reposition the Bounding Box the same way each Loop - It PERFECT "encloses" My Object - a Rigid body inside.

5: I slam the object with a force - Now the same code that put the bounding box around the object - seems flawed! Its as if the Object Position Functions (Or Collision Center functions) MISREPORT once an object has forces on it.

Anyone know what is going on? This is critical for pixel Perfect Frustrum Culling as Well as Accurate LOD (low res model Positioning)

Attached is a split pic - On the Left - before I Bang into Object - the other After I "Ram" the object.

Positioning Of Bounding Box Code
Note My Initial Tests Show Far show that Collision Center Values Dont Change. Needed to State That as you may notice in code those Collision Center x,y,z VALUES are from a stored location.

Ok the Pic is attached - Any help greatly appreciated
[edit] Note: I've Tried Putting the Code that positions the Bounding Box - Before and After the PhysUpdate in the main loop - didn't make a difference to my Chagrin.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 00:03
Good luck with that one.

Your code is so confusing......
I've never seen this before

-> what are you doing trying to ->->-> make a sign??

I didnt like that movie anyways.

<-->->----->,,,<->

your code is so strange. whats going on.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 03:29
LOL - That's Actually a VERY Clean Snippet!

The Arrows things are me dereferencing pointers - I have classes in classes - its object oriented stuff - Everything is dynamic - Come on - you MUST be pulling my leg!

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 05:17
Fixed the Code! For STILL Objects the Adding of the Collision Center thing does work Great - but for things that move - Well - Eular Math is what thoase coords are for... My Fix:

Ducking and hiding as David check this code over LOL

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 05:49
ya I was just messing with ya. couldnt resist.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 06:13
Quote: "ya I was just messing with ya. couldnt resist"

LOL - had me wondering there a moment!

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 06:27
Well I already tried to help you on yahoo and your beyond help and reason. You just dont listen. Oh well, you will discover more soon. LOL>>>>>

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-30 12:19:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-30 12:19:26