Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / What do I need to do to get DarkPhysics to work in DarkGDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 20:46
I've got both installed and I've included the DarkPhysics header but I get an error
whenever I try to use any DarkPhysics command.

I read in another post that you need to include the four .dll's from the samples folder in your working folder ... I've done that but still no joy.

Any ideas?

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 21:36 Edited at: 24th Feb 2008 21:37
EDIT:Take a look at this as i think that person has a similar problem

Was Cool Kid
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 22:02
I'm not sure what you have seen in that thread but it looks to me like a discussion about the faults of the Character Controller.

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 12:09
Have you added a reference to DarkPhysics.lib in the Project Properties->Configuration Properties->Linker->Input->Additional Dependecies ?

This needs to be done for both Debug and Release builds.

Projects Started: 20
Projects Completed: 0
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 12:26
I haven't done that, it sounds like I need to though and yet there is no (or very well hidden) documentation to that effect.
I had a go but I really don't understand what I am supposed to do with it. I got as far as finding the Additional Dependencies but then what?

I did get dbPhyStart( ); to work by changing it to void dbPhyStart( ):

However, this line:

Gives me this error:

and if I change it to have void before it as the helpfiles suggest and like dbPhyStart then I get a different error informing me of the illiegal use of void.

Any ideas?

Thanks

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 12:34 Edited at: 25th Feb 2008 12:36
The void specifies the return type of the function, void being nothing in this case so you need to omit that (you don't need to specify the return type of a function when calling it). The reason it gives you a different error is because before it recognises the function and determines it is missing the void causes it to throw an error before it reaches the call.

I have attached a picture of the configuration properties of my project.

Adding this dependancy to the configuration should resolve this issue.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 13:07
Thanks,

I had got that far before but it was at that stage that I was lost. There seems to be no browse button to find DarkPhysics.lib. So, I just typed it in instead ... is that right?

However, having done that, the compliation has increased from 1 error to 4!

I feel like such a noob

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 13:11
C++ can be a pain in the posterior, bring on GDK.NET.

Yeah there is no browse button, you have to type the library in manually the directories should be setup in VS when you install DarkPhysics.

What errors are you getting now?

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 13:22 Edited at: 25th Feb 2008 13:27
Ok, I've just setup a project and found the errors your getting now. It should compile ok with Release build, but not with Debug.

To get around these what I do is set the Project Properties -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library to Multi-threaded (/MT) for the debug build.

You can still debug your code and step through etc... But, you will now get 30 warnings telling you that it cannot load debug info for DarkPhysics when compiling under debug! This is because there isn't any.

I'm sure there is another way to do this, but I haven't found it and to be honset I get a little pissed with messing around trying to compile code that should work out-of-the-box and doesn't.

Edit: Piccy attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 13:28
This is the errors I get now:

But if I comment out the Physics references all is fine.

My runtime library was set to almost what you have. It was Multi-threaded (/MTd) but afet changing it, it compiles without error.

Thanks very much

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 14:51
I Personally Cheat. Yeah I point the Lib Path dead on - and the header - But the nxCollision.dll and the other cry babies I put in my project folder.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 23:25:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 23:25:29