Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [LOCKED] physic on a matrix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 23:05
can anyone help?

I've got some code I've bin working on

it slows the object, but it still paresis throe the matrix, I don't wont to change the gravity to compensate, so I need a way of halting the object, and without altering the objects physic.

From the dark and in to the light, twisted the body of madness, dark souls to only the one who would be called, Death lord of the dead, king of the forgotten, keep of lost souls.
Dewi Morgan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 05:26
The above looks like it would do the job perfectly.

Are you sure the origin of the object is at the bottom of the object? For example for a cube, the origin is in the centre of the object, so you'd need to do this instead:

Yet another game programmer
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 07:37
Ok it looks like it would be that simple, but I just tryed it,

but that dose not work, the object still slows down and floats on throe the matrix, I think that it needs a apposing force to push back but I don't know how to implement it.

I have tryed the code above but it dose not work ever, it made the object jump up and down franticly, but you could make out that it was still working its way throe the matrix.

I had tryed this on an older program some years ago, when I did not have dark physic, so I could make a object jump on a matrix and other objects, it had a force pushing down at the same rate, so it was like gravity pushing down, and the ground pushed back, like newtons lore of apoesing forces, but this dose not seem to work with dark physics.

From the dark and in to the light, twisted the body of madness, dark souls to only the one who would be called, Death lord of the dead, king of the forgotten, keep of lost souls.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 11:12
Iv put out a challenge to any one who is interested,
her is the link

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124954&b=30

I hope you come and have a go, If you've got the man lumps.

don't post on this one no more I've set a challenge on the link above
which is more or less about the same thing. c u there

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 03:30:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 03:30:39