Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [6.7 -03] line error reporting one line out.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 12:19 Edited at: 4th Mar 2008 12:32
Have be noticing that the line error is one line out, highlights the line below the error.

in reply to the post below.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 12:25 Edited at: 4th Mar 2008 12:27
[edit] Wait a second, this seems correct. Line numbers start at 1 don't they?

If it's reporting an incorrect line number, post the code that it does it with.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 15:00
I can confirm this. The problem is in the following two lines:

The compiler reports the error as being in the second line, whereas it is in the previous line. I'm using the default editor with U6.7

However, if you compile just those two lines, the error is correctly reported.
Artformer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 16:15
ERROR REPORTED AS NON EXISTANT LINE NUMBER IN BIG PROJECT
I've read a few forum topics regarding ERRORS not being Numbered correctly, REMSTART/END issues.. I have got a fullsourcedump.dba
but its not line numbered in NOTEPAD and copy/pasting the dump into
a new Project just shows there are STILL no line numbers that go that high. Its 3 hundred out! I'm using the FREE DarklBasic Pro
as downloaded. Help please!!!
Artformer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 16:15
ERROR REPORTED AS NON EXISTANT LINE NUMBER IN BIG PROJECT
I've read a few forum topics regarding ERRORS not being Numbered correctly, REMSTART/END issues.. I have got a fullsourcedump.dba
but its not line numbered in NOTEPAD and copy/pasting the dump into
a new Project just shows there are STILL no line numbers that go that high. Its 3 hundred out! I'm using the FREE DarklBasic Pro
as downloaded. Help please!!!
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 14:59
One situation which could result in this is a failure to close a string expression with close-quotes. The editor would not flag it by using an appropriate highlight for ensuing lines, but the compiler sometimes interprets many of the ensuing lines as a continuation of the string and keeps reading a hefty amount before deciding that something is wrong. In your case it might be reading well beyond the last-coded line. It's difficult to trace. Another possibility arises when you start to comment on the same line as a command and immediately following the command, insert a comment-starting symbol (` or //) but then do not add comment text. Incidentally, what is the specific error (if any) reported at the non-existant line number? In your case it will likely be reporting a different error than you made, but the nature of what it reports can sometimes assist in "reading back".
Artformer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 04:29
Thanks for reply. I've jumped through hoops to find the error, and finally tracked it down to 2 parameters in a routine that were swapped.. late night coding!! I have started using INDIGO IDE and it seems a much more sophisticated piece of kit. Gz to the writers.
http://indigo.mapmasterz.com/
I think error reporting should be absolutely bomb proof, don't you?
This has held Dark Basic up big time.
Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
@Artformer
I'm also using indigo.

But I just had some problems with this error, too.
In my case it was caused by concatenations with "_" that can be enabled in the ide options.

I disabled them and worked through the project and removed them all and now my test error returns the right line number.

I just enabled word wrap instead, which seems to be free of issues.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:41:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:41:47