Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [Dark Physics - DGDK] dbPhyRigidBodyForce not recognized

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 13:56 Edited at: 9th Mar 2008 14:01
I'm quite sure this is a bug, either in the reference or the Dark Physics header file (otherwise I've made a stupid mistake).

When I try to use this function:
dbPhyRigidBodyForce

I get an error from the compiler:
error C3861: 'dbPhyRigidBodyForce': identifier not found

The function is clearly states in the reference (the text below is quoted directly out of it).

Quote: "Description

Apply a force or impulse to the rigid body.

Syntax

void dbPhyRigidBodyForce ( int iID, float fForceX, float fForceY, float fForceZ, float fX, float fY, float fZ, int iMode );

Parameters

int iID

ID number of the rigid body
float fForceX

force on the X axis
float fForceY

force on the Y axis
float fForceZ

force on the Z axis
float fX

location on X axis in global space to apply force
float fY

location on Y axis in global space to apply force
float fZ

location on Z axis in global space to apply force
int iMode

the method of force to apply from a selection of – 1, force, has unit of mass * distance / time ^ 2 2, impulse, has unit of mass * distance / time 3, velocity change, has unit of distance / time, effect is mass independent 4, smooth impulse, same as impulse but effect is applied over all substeps of physics update 5, acceleration, has unit of distance / time ^ 2, an acceleration, treated like a force except the mass is not divided out before integration

Return

n/a "

I'm quite sure it is not a mistake with my coding, because I can use most other commands instead of it on that line successfully.

I also believe there is a command very similar to dbPhyRigidBodyForce not mentioned in the manual:

dbPhyAddRigidBodyForce

Plus, there are some other commands I suspect of having the same problem (although I haven't tried them all). I will edit later if I find any more.

Sorry in advance if I made a silly mistake, sometimes the obvious reasons just don't reach me.

Thanks

BTW, I also have a thread in the Dark GDK board requesting support for the same issue, so sorry for the kind of double post.

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 2GB DDR2 RAM Radeon X1600 Series Realtek Sound System

Persist and you will succeed.
Jonas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 11:15
I can confirm this. dbPhyAddRigidBodyForce is a valid command whereas dbPhyRigidBodyForce is not. The same goes for all it's close relatives:

dbPhyAddRigidBodyForceAtLocal
dbPhyAddRigidBodyLocalForceAtLocal
dbPhyAddRigidBodyLocalForce
dbPhyAddRigidBodyLocalTorque
dbPhyAddRigidBodyTorque

I found the real definitions in the header file.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 14:18:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 14:18:56