Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / !Having trouble after a system crash, and ..aliens.. someone please help...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2008 10:06
Hi folks,

All my dev machines fried in one week (including my gorgeous XPS laptop, /sniffle /sniffle /cry) - was some sort of sabotage unfortunately or .. maybe aliens ha ha, or just astronomically high probability unluckyness LOL!

But anyway, I had no problem setting back up everything on a new machine except DarkPhysics for DBPro (the GDK version works flawlessly, thanks TGC by the way!). When I install DarkPhysics for DBPro it shows everything is happy and fine, but when you run DBPro the little startup expansion pack icon for DP (the yellow spheres) isn't there, and nothing works - programs won't compile complaining about commands like "Phy Start" and no syntax highlighting for DP commands.

The only thing different that I can think of is I now have a PhysX card, wheras before I didn't. I didn't think there was anything different for hardware owners is there?

When I first installed DBPro I had installed it in a different directory than the default (I put it in the TheGameCreators dir structure along with the GDK stuff), but when it wouldn't work, I thought I remembered something about that being a problem for Dark Physics so I uninstalled and went with the defaults on install directories. But still no joy.

One other related thing I noticed was that in the \Compiler\plugins-licensed directory there is a file called 'report.ini' which inside has the bad news:
[VERIFICATION REPORT]
DarkPhysics.dll=NOT VALID

Anyone know why this is happening? I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks very muchly,
-=VRMan=-

World Famous 3D Screensavers
-- http://www.vrman3d.com --
VRMan3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 21:02 Edited at: 4th Apr 2008 21:51
~~~~~~~~~~~EDIT to this original post....~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Problem finally solved!
Here was why: it kept asking me to verify after a new fresh install, it would say "Your installed products are Dark Basic Professional (valid certificate)" then it would tell me to put in my original DBPro CD and they would send me a new code and I'd enter it and it would say 'ok yer dbpro is activated again!' Ha ha. So finally I dug through my email folders and found the original number from several years ago when I first purchased DP and just entered >THAT CODE< and that was it, it worked! I guess I never thought I was getting asked for that so it never occured to me. Hope that helps someone else in the future.
-VR-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Original Post~~~~~~~~~~
Wow bummer, been weeks and still no reply here or from support....

I've read a bunch of similar threads (all of them) tried everything. I've blown it all away, started over, all default dirs, etc, do everything in the 'right order' but it still will not compile or highlight DP keywords in DBPro (on two machines now!). So many software physX projects I've written that I was soooo looking forward to seeing in hardware PPU beauty but this bug won't allow it.

Richard, anyone?

Is there some newer secret to validation or something I'm missing? The dlls are in the right place but that dang [VERIFICATION REPORT] still says .... DarkPhysics.dll=NOT VALID (not yelling with caps, just pasting from that mean report.ini file =)

World Famous 3D Screensavers
-- http://www.vrman3d.com --
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 00:30
Thank you! I've been having the same exact problem, got a new machine and DarkBASIC wouldn't recognize my DarkPhysics commands. Off to go try this out...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 00:27:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 00:27:18