Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [ANNOUNCEMENT] This is NOT a Request Board! (You must read!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 01:19
I want to make this perfectly clear to all the newbs coming in and asking for scripts all the time.

This board was not designed for people to ask FOR scripts, but to help each toher LEARN how to script!

I'm about at my wits end with all these request threads.

In case no body has read it recently, this is what it says underneath the Board title in the main forum page:

Quote: "Talk about any aspect of FPSC script coding and post your own scripts here"

I see nothing in that sentence that even remotely resembles "Post your Requests here and people will do your work for you!"

Perhaps if it had said "Talk about any aspect of FPSC scripts" and left out the coding part, I may be a little more understandable. However, not learning to script and relying on others to do them for you will get you no where, and not only does it waste the scripters time, but it's going to waste YOUR time by waiting for a direly needed script whenever it comes up HOPING that someone will take the time to make it for you.

This board is for talking about coding scripts. If you don't want to learn how to script or don't have time or whatever reason, then don't post here asking people to do a script for you.

I've made several tutorials to help people learn to script, and many of them can be found in the FPSC Hints & Tips guide by Nickydude.

Try to learn how to script and we will help you. Stop asking us to do it for you.

[/rant]

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 02:12
Amen Plystire....

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 22:57
Why isnt this stickied yet?

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 23:24
...well spoken.

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2008 00:02
Quote: "Why isnt this stickied yet?"

Because it will be ignored, like all the other stickies.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2008 00:20
Because I have tried up until now to keep from moderating peope for posting requests like we have done in the models and media forum.Apparantly that has changed so...I am going to sticky this and I guess I am going to have to be a pain about this whether I like it or not.
I posted in another thread that I felt that these requests in the scripts forum were getting excessive.
The idea behind this board was for people to post scrips they made if they wish and if someone has a problem with a script they actually attempted to make themselves they can post it and someone can help.
The idea is NOT to request scripts because one doesn't or hasn't tried to learn how to script.
So...
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:
Any request threads may be locked and/or deleted and the poster is subject to moderation.
I am going to sticky this so there are no excuses.
Plystire has noticed something that has been a growing problem and this is the only way to put an end to this.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Light Samus
Years of Service
User Offline
I understand your position Plystire, and many do need to learn to script by themselves. I'm sure MOST of us know how to script and are annoyed by requests, but I'm sure everyone that has requested a script at least tried and didn't mention it. In addition, there are a lot of NICER people that are willing to fulfill script requests.
x10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 01:16
Thats right ppl willing to at least learn the script like i have no idea how to cript so i came here and didnt request i said that im a newb who dosent know how to script help me understand it makes it alot easier

jay williams
Super Gamer Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
So apart from Nickydudes guide is there anything else maybe a link or something to give me an idea how to script I've read Nickydudes guide and it hasn't help one bit its so difficult ARGH! please help.
Zeldar
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So apart from Nickydudes guide is there anything else maybe a link or something to give me an idea how to script I've read Nickydudes guide and it hasn't help one bit its so difficult ARGH! please help."

No, I don't think there's any other tutorials that will work for you because Nickydude's guide is the best one out there so far.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-17 00:54:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-17 00:54:24