Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DarkPhysics... separate gravity vectors for each object?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Currently I am using Newton and attempting a demo where each object has it's own gravity vector. That is to say, that "down" is relative per object. One might fall to the floor and one to the ceiling.

This isn't working so well right now and I have a thread up discussing the problem.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=127072&b=1

I am also considering purchasing DarkPhysics and need to know if this can be done with it. If so, how easy is it, and will I have the same issue as with Newton.

Does DarkPhysics naturally support separate gravity vectors, or would I have to resort to some trickery with applying forces?

Design documents?!? What design documents??? I thought we were just going to wing it!!!
VRMan3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 21:44
Yes it indeed can be done without much trouble, but it's kind of what you called 'trickery' (except that it's extremely easy....)

I was working on a project that did a similar thing - I was just trying to post an image for you but gave up lol. (I deleted the description of my clever game idea since I haven't published anything about it yet and all you other clever programmers would swipe my clever ideas =) Anyway, all you need to do in DP is just call "phy add rigid body force" with your gravity vector (which is all the built in gravity is doing - and don't forget to turn off regular gravity). Works fine for me.... Wish I could have shown you the picture. Guess I need to make a photobucket account or something.

World Famous 3D Screensavers
-- http://www.vrman3d.com --

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 14:30:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 14:30:25