Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Install problem....help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I purchased DarkPhysics and DarkAI. I downloaded the installers today, and proceeded to install. Now, I bought the DBPro Online, if that makes a difference.

Anyways, I entered the order key and email address when prompted. It came back saying "unknown product". I re-entered the order key again, in case the cut&paste left out a character. No use. So, I cancelled and went on to DarkAI. Same problem: "unknown product".

Under the temp directory of DBPro, there's a report.ini file with this:

[VERIFICATION REPORT]
DarkAI.dll=NOT VALID
DarkPhysics.dll=NOT VALID

Obviously, the program did not install. However, if I uninstall it and re-install again, I don't get the "enter the email and order key" prompt anymore (I assume this is buried inside the registry). So, I'm kind of stuck, now.

Any ideas of what I can do? I'm really itching to jump into this.

If I had to choose: I'd rather have the ability to create something, than know something.
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 15:44
Quote: "I don't get the "enter the email and order key" prompt anymore"

To get this prompt, go to where you installed DBPro, and in the Compiler folder, run the file TGCOnline.exe. From here you should see which programs have a valid certificate and which you still have to activate.

If you cannot solve the problem, better contact support .

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
DSnelson
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Kendor:

I tried what you said. It says, "Your products are Dark Basic (valid certificate)"

It doesn't mention DarkPhysics or DarkAI. Yet, I have order keys for them. In the certificates folder, there is only one certificate. So, the other certificates are not being placed there.

I've sent a message off to support.

If I had to choose: I'd rather have the ability to create something, than know something.
DSnelson
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem was resolved by updating DarkBasic Pro to the latest version (6.7).

VRMan3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 20:45 Edited at: 4th Apr 2008 21:51
~~~~~~~~~~~EDIT to this original post....~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Problem finally solved!
Here was why: it kept asking me to verify after a new fresh install, it would say "Your installed products are Dark Basic Professional (valid certificate)" then it would tell me to put in my original DBPro CD and they would send me a new code and I'd enter it and it would say 'ok yer dbpro is activated again!' Ha ha. So finally I dug through my email folders and found the original number from several years ago when I first purchased DP and just entered >THAT CODE< and that was it, it worked! I guess I never thought I was getting asked for that so it never occured to me. Hope that helps someone else in the future.
-VR-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Original Post~~~~~~~~~~
I have the same problem installing everything on two new machines.
Everything installs in default dirs with no complaints, but DP doesn't appear in the little "TGCCertificateViewer.exe" window that pops up, nor are the keywords syntax highlighting (and programs won't compile with DP commands of course= the fabled unbeknownst idendtifier msg). I've tried all sorts of validation stuff, followed the activation guide online (dbPro validates with my cd and email addr fine) but nothing seems to work to get DarkPhysics running on these machines!

Anyone know how to help? It's been a couple weeks and still no reply from support (which is unusual, perhaps email gremlins ate up my msg). Only difference with both these machines that I can think of is I FIRST installed the Asus Ageia PPU board and the latest PhysX_7.11.13_SystemSoftware.exe drivers (Before DBPro, DP, updates, etc.). Running latest DBPro upgrade 6.7.

Anyhow, haven't been able to use DBpro with DarkPhysics since I bought the PPU and switched away from laptop that can't have a ppu (yes drooling on Dell XPS laptop site, nicer than my Gen2 with Ageia PPU integrated!). Works great with DarkGDK/DP....

Thanks for any suggestions, and best regards,
-=VRMan=-

EDIT By the way, in the Plugins-licensed dir a file by the name of 'report.ini' shows up and contains these very sad sad words:
[VERIFICATION REPORT]
DarkPhysics.dll=NOT VALID
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why no valid mon?! Was valid on older machines....

World Famous 3D Screensavers
-- http://www.vrman3d.com --
DSnelson
Years of Service
User Offline
That's what I saw, as well. I upgraded to the latest Ageia Drivers, as well. Because I was able to install after I upgraded DBPro, I'd say that's not the issue.

You may want to send off a message to support, again. They responded to me within 24 hours.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 01:13:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 01:13:18