Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / On second compile: get "cannot load object"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Interesting problem: on the first compile, everything works fine with DarkPhysics.

When I compile the second time, it can't load any of my .x objects (runtime error 7018: cannot load object at line xxx).

I found that if I copy the original object back into the project's media directory, it compiles fine again. But, then, will fail on the subsequent compile. This seems to indicate that the compiler is somehow corrupting the object file?

As a workaround, I copy a fresh object back into the media directory before each compile. Now, I tried making the objects Read-only -- but this only crashed DarkBasic when it tried to start up.

I'm running the latest DPhysics (v1.01) and DarkBasicPro (v6.7). I didn't see this issue until I started using DPhysics.

Any thoughts or ideas how to work around it?

If I had to choose: I'd rather have the ability to create something, than know something.
DSnelson
Years of Service
User Offline
I know this sounds weird, but the problem went away by itself. So, it must have been something I had in my code. If I figure out what it was (that is, it comes back), I'll post the issue/resolution here for any interested.

If I had to choose: I'd rather have the ability to create something, than know something.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 02:05:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 02:05:34