Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Transparency in DarkGDK is different from that of Dark Basic Pro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 18:27
I thought that transparency was 0,0,0 black, although when I try to texture a 3d object or load a 3ds file that has already been textured it seems that 0,0,0 isn't transparency in DarkGDK like it was in Dark Basic.

I know it's kind of remedial but help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PHP Programming, Music Composition
TinTin
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: BORG Drone Ship - Being Assimilated near Roda Beta (28)
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 22:03
Don't want to upset you but there isn't a default transparency in either GDK or DBP you can set it to whatever you want, I usualy opt for setting it to RGB(255,255,0). I can't think of a single thing that looks that colour except for my eyes after a night in the city. hehe

Go Create...

Cyberspace was becoming overcrowded and slummy so I decided to move. These nice chaps gave me a lift.
Twisted Steel Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 05:54
set alpha mapping on should do the trick if it's an object/particles...

Meh...
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 18:44
yeah... this isn't the right forum.. but All TGC products seem to have handled RGB as intuitively as possible for people who both "get" alpha and those who don't.

Example.. transparency commands SEEM to in my experience... just "draw" to the alpha channel.. in this colorkey example.. based on the colors in the RGB part (the key).

I think this because of something I learned while making my DarkGDK GUI... I started using sprites heavily and found I can get transparency two ways.. but I've yet to confirm if they are mutually exclusive... but I suspect they are. Why?

Sprites can have transparency turned on or off right?

Well.. I have sprites WITHOUT transparency.. but I devise my "images" in a memblock.. writing at will to all four channels R,G,B,A... and I found when I write to the alpha channel directly... a sprite without transparency can be transparent! LOL.. in fact, I have per pixel control doing this. I imaging loading a PNG with alpha would do the same thing.. but I don't know the inner workings.. it might show.. depends when and how the color thing is applied internally by TGC... when transparency is on.

It wouldn't surprise me if a loaded pong had tranperncy and turning the sprite trans on, actually "undid" the transparency and replaced it with the colorkey version of what is supposed to be transparent.. dunno... I basically thinnk you have more control writing directly to the alpha channel in a membloc for fancy stuff.. you can control transparency beyond a "hole" ... you can fine tune per pixel. I like that.

See ya in the DarkGDK forum

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 14:29:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 14:29:16