Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics Installer remove problems?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 07:45
Hi All

Can anyone tell what needs to be removed so that the installer does not think I have ever loaded Dark Physics.

Wanting to put it back as if I had just got it and not every been installed.

when the installer is run instead of asking to install, it gives the options of modified repair or remove, of which if I choose any of those, it goes through the code but does nothing, the status bar comes up, sits at the beginning for a few seconds then it shut down.

even tried removing it with windows uninstaller but it does nothing comes back and it still on the list.

even manually removed the code from places I think that it has installed to but still it think it on the machine.

Have tried support but all there help did not resolve it.

for some reason it does not what to uninstall or re install.

So if you have any other ideas that I should try give a shout.

system is MCE XP sp2

ps have also tried all of the above with the firewalls and virus checkers turned off. no joy there.

cheers.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Twisted Steel Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 16:31 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2008 16:36
The installer looks in the registry to see if it was installed probably... so Press Windows + R and type regedit... look in the software section... should be there

[EDIT]
My Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE is the location of all TGC product registry files

Meh...
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 08:29
Twisted Steel Software had a look and I think the only thing there is what needed for DBPro, so I am still trying to work out where else to look.

thanks for replying

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 21:38:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 21:38:49