Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / More Bugs: Set Matrix Height and Culling Errors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2002 04:43
I have found two new bugs in Patch #2, one with Set Matrix Height and one with culling.
Set Matrix Height works fine most of the time, but if the the Last X and Last Y point on the matrix are raised, nothing happens. IE- You have a matrix with ten by ten squares. To raise the first square, you raise the folloeing points:

To raise the last square, X:10, Y:10,
you would raise the following points:

Right? Well the first three points get raised fine, but point 10,10 will not raise, even if I specify exactly point 10,10. Wierd...

On to the culling error. The image below shows my problem:

From one angle, culling is perfect, from any other angle, some parts are culled, while others are not... And if I try to ghost this image, the parts that are transparent end up solid black, and the parts that are blue in the above image end up transparent. Culling errors are again evident.

Note- The Image Colorkey is set to pink: RGB 255,0,255

*Sigh*

Can someone see if the same thing happens on other systems?

Just in case, here are my specs:
PIII 650 MHZ
128 MB RAM
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 64 Megs
Windows ME

Thanks
Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2002 14:22
any ideas?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 00:14
Nope, but I have a similar error with the one above. After I randomized a matrix and then later made a huge pit in the middle (I wanted flat land with hills around it), I noticed that even after an UPDATE MATRIX when I would crash into it, it would still use the old height data. I should have been on the flatland, but instead I was traveling over invisible hills. Like you said "Wierd With A Beard."

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 00:35
Surely that should be weird with a beird? Lol. Anyway, all I can think of is that the bottom face of the cube is touching the plane of the grass, so the grass may occlude it from time to time. No idea about the top left picture. I can't say I've had any problems with my own programs like this.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 04:22
No, and No.
The correct spelling in North America is Beard, I guess you spell it differently. And no, unfortunately, removing the cube from the surface of the matrix (by 75 units) didn't do the trick...

Thanks anyway though

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 00:37:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 00:37:30