Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / IDE Release 1.0.9 Available

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi folks - The DBPro IDE v1.09 is now available for download.

www.realgametools.net/dbpro/downloads/dbpro_ide_109.exe

Revision History for the DarkBASIC Professional IDE

Version 1.0.9

Release Date: October 27, 2002

Bug Fixes

· Fixed function unfolding bug. Functions should now stay folded when editing above functions.

Revisions

· Changed the Line Concatenation mark from “…” to “_”. Too many people were encountering errors where they ended comment lines with “…”, and the next line of code was being added to the end of the comment.

· Revised the gutter width code (Where line numbers are – it no longer jumps in width when going from 9 to 10 lines of code.

· Dramatically simplified the browser for adding included media. This makes it equally useful, but much, much faster in use.

· Changed the directory layout for keywords files. There is now a folder called keywords. The editor now scans for all .ini files, and adds them together when building the keywords file. This allows us to issue updates with new files, instead of requiring constant revisions. It also allows people who created third party commands to supply independent keyword files for their commands.

New Features

· Added a very useful feature – code autocomplete. This could save you quite a bit of typing, and quite a bit of reference work. For an example, type SET and press Ctrl-Space. The code complete box pops up, showing all commands that start with the word SET. Scroll up and down (arrow keys work) and press Enter to select, or Escape to cancel. The default parameter set is listed, and is autoselected. If you want to use them, arrow left or right to cancel the highlight. If you want to delete them, press the Delete key. Note: If you’ve typed: SET OB, it will find all the SET OB commands, and all the commands that start with just OB. Note: If the text cursor is on the first character S, it will find all commands that begin with S. It builds the lists with characters to the left of the text cursor only.

Issues Still to be Resolved

· Mouse wheel does not work in Help Window

· Sporadic Crashes in Assistant Mode Window and Help Window (HTML window issues)

· Improve list building for functions, labels, variables. (When commented out, etc.)

· Verify project and source saving issues. (file overwriting, folder consistency issues.
REDOXODER
Years of Service
User Offline
good...

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2002 12:35
I'll probably have to change my code now...

Yes, I really am THAT good...
GuySavoie
Years of Service
User Offline
Tonight (my time) I will release a tweak to this update, so the concatenation operator is configurable and optional.

In the meantime, if the "_" concatenation directive works for you, feel free to DL and use this update.

--- Guy

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2002 16:54
I'll have to wait - not at home at the moment...

Yes, I really am THAT good...
DarkSide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 01:07
Good Job Guy! Thanks for all your hard work.
DBPro is awesome and I appreciate the updates.

Thanks again,
DarkSide

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
You underestimate the power of the Dark Side.
Don't be to proud of this technological terror.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 02:47
any chance looking into that bug with the document veiw... strange how the DE version always offset correctly, but the first few lines of DBPE jitters between like 3-7px from the numbering. The top also looks a little weird, like it is drawing the page through the bar
not important update, just little annoyances...

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Dazzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 21:20
Guy!

I adviced someone to update to this version, he loves it but was seriously peefed of at it overwriting his custom syntax highlighting scheme! anychance these could be preserved when updating?

Dazzy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 13:41:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 13:41:22