Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Want to make diablo style map clicking ..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2002 15:11
Dunno whether I've posted this in the right place .. but here goes nothing ...

Hi,
I'm trying to make a Diablo Style map clicking system (when I say diablo style I mean left click on terrain moves character, right click preforms action.) I was wondering whether matrixes are the best thing to do this with and how I go about mousepicking or collision with matrixs.

Thanks,
Matthew
Blazer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 03:54
I know what your talking about, this isn't exactly what your talking about but It lockes an object to the mouse (which is VERY usefull to what your trying to do) I didn't coad it so don't give me the creadit.

enjoy
TheNVS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 02:11
that was good. i coded something like that but this is more professional. i was trying to make a command & conquer game(it worked)(not the game but the code). my code was deleted by a stupid mistake that i made. i dont want to talk about it.

Mattuu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 02:23
Thank man !
It works a treat .. I worked out a way to use destinations etc. to map the movement between the current and destination points so I'm all fixed .. thank again !

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 21:22
my code was deleted by a stupid mistake that i made. i dont want to talk about it.

What did you do?

www.shockforge.com ShockForge Software
www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
...::::ShockForge::::...
Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 22:58
That code is great. The possibilities...I'm lost for words.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:02:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:02:33