Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2002 15:29
..whats the best way in DBP to get bounding boxes on a model ? I guess rotated collision boxes at each limb joint rotatating to match their respective limb angle.. or do collision detection on a hidden low poly version of the model ? Hmm.. its tempting to just have a sphere around them but that would look a bit pants.. any ideas ?
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 00:09
If you need sliding collisions, so far the only way is non-rotated collisions (i'm working on it though). As far as object collisions, I'd say the fastest way would probably be rotated collision boxes. Like you said, you could just make another object representing the collision zones, but instead of moving your main model around, hide and move this one around and just set your actual model as kindof a 'skin' that is always on top of it, pointing in the same direction. This is a possable route I would take.

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:17:10
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:17:10