Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / Master Mind

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Found this board game in a cabinet and decided to make a text based one. There is no media required and it is kinda boring to look at, but it is still pretty fun. Anyway, a rundown of the game is this:

The computer makes a randomly generated set of 4 numbers (no doubles) from using the numbers 1-5 (with higher difficulty settings it can go up 9).

You have 10 guesses to try to guess that combination. The computer will only tell you how many numbers you got that are correct (right number and place), but won't tell you which ones.

compressed code

uncompressed:

Ever notice how in Microsoft word, the word "microsoft" is auto corrected to be "Microsoft" but "macintosh" just gets the dumb red underline?
Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
I used to have the little electronic pocket version of this and I always sucked at it, but I just solved this 3 times in a row, its a very fun little logic puzzle and i enjoyed it!

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 02:58
The game is pretty nice, though the lack of no graphics at all caught me very fast. Also I noticed you used goto, which is known to make confusing code, then when trying to make something in 20 lines it can make it worse.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:00:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:00:02