Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Physics Collission Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a small little problem.

I made an engine, using Dark Physics, and I have a little collision program. This is what I've tried to achieve:

-to be able to walk on a big green box(achieved)
-to be abble to collide with a big grey box in the middle of the playfield(achieved)
-to be able to fly on top of the grey box in the middle of the playfield(not achieved)

I've tried everything. If I put my character on the top of the grey box in the beginning of the level, I can easily walk on it, and I can fall down from it, but if I start from the green playfield, and use the JUMP function(which is more precisesly a fly function), I can't get on top of the grey box no matter how high up I put the y position of my player box... here's the code, I would really apreciate if anyone could help me.

ekr3peeK
Years of Service
User Offline
So basicly I have a gun model, attached to the camera, and I have the camera attached to my player model which will do all the collisions for me.

Looks like this:

gun depends of camera, camera depends of player
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 08:39
hope you have remembered that the basic object commands no long move anything once it is under phy control. you did ok with move up move down now you have to find the phy command to jump up.

you need to find the phy's way of doing it.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
ekr3peeK
Years of Service
User Offline
A little help would be really appreciated

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 22:35:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 22:35:32